Test Development Engineer - Soundskrit - Ann Arbor, MI
Are you a Test Development Engineer who would like to work for a company who’s revolutionizing the field of audio engineering by building the optimal acoustic system from the ground up? Yes? Read on!
Soundskrit (www.soundskrit.ca) is an early-stage start-up leveraging years of research in bio-inspired MEMS microphones to develop the first multi-directional acoustic flow sensor that can capture and isolate any sound in the environment with a fraction of the size, power, and computation of alternative solutions.
Our proprietary hardware senses acoustic waves in a fundamentally new way to provide a level of sound localization and separation not previously obtainable. With our proprietary algorithms, we unlock a suite of audio features with outstanding performance: far-field voice capture, spatial audio recordings for immersive audio rendering, audio event characterization and much more.
Soundskrit is headquartered in Montreal, Quebec, and has a R&D facility in Ann Arbor, Michigan. With our disruptive technology, well financed backing, and anxious customers we are actively searching for candidates interested in making a difference within our organization, our customers, and the markets we are addressing. Your work will have a tremendous influence in the company.
About the Opportunity
A Test Development Engineer will be responsible for Developing and Maintaining an overall process which successfully tests our product. Works included Test implementation of software, load board development, resource management, test time, Automatic Test Equipment (ATE) definition/procurement/release, production handling systems, optical inspections at both finished good and wafer level. Activities including new product introduction, yield improvement, characterization, performance analysis, costs, and working with all organizations within the company. Those candidates with less experience will be taught many of the skills required. Come to us with a solid background and we will help you be successful.
- Develop product test solutions for MEMS based microphone semiconductors.
- Design, develop and debug multi-site, cost effective test HW/SW solutions for characterization, qualification and production wafer probe and final test.
- Debugging test programs, correlating production test solutions to engineering bench measurements, and transferring production test solutions to offshore, high-volume manufacturing sites.
- Engage and support local and offshore manufacturing Test Sustaining Engineers to maintain production yield, high quality and resolve product and test problems after production release.
- Participation in New Product Development Teams and evaluation of new test systems for future applications required.
- Manage and maintain project schedules that align with product introduction and release dates.
- Some international travel will be required.
- Bachelor of Science or Master’s in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience working as a Test Development Engineer.
- Motivated, resourceful team-player who is willing to do 'whatever it takes' to get the job done.
- Ability to collaborate with team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to provide knowledge and experience outside of core responsibilities. Everything interacts.
What We Offer
- Collaborative work environment where your ideas matter.
- Chance to make an impact on a day-to-day basis.
- Competitive stock options and benefits.
- Generous vacation package.
- A culture of respect, hard work, and success.
- Fun along the way!