Technical Support Engineer - Verge.io (Remote)
Do you have technical problem solving skills plus a passion for challenges in customer service? Verge.io is for you!
Verge.io is a software company founded and operated by people passionate about creating better IT through software. We appreciate the transformative power of data and support those who use data to create a better world.
About the role:
As a Technical Support Engineer, you will be providing support to customers, using Verge.io products, in isolating, diagnosing, reproducing, and fixing technical issues in a timely manner. To be successful in this role, you must be a motivated self-starter and self-learner, possess strong customer service and technical problem-solving skills, and be someone who embraces challenges.
- Resolve customer’s issues via the telephone, email, or remote support tool session.
- Reproducing issues in-house and responding back in a timely manner.
- Configure and install various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS)
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes, and security configurations
- Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability
- Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning
- Provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues
- Escalate issues in a timely manner according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Leverage internal technical expertise, including peers, mentors, knowledge base, and other internal tools, to provide the most effective solutions to customer issues.
- Create new knowledgebase articles to capture new learning’s for reuse throughout the organization.
- Read and work with other Technical Support Engineers on cases that will help cultivate that expertise.
- Previous work experience in a technical domain. Experience in Virtualization and Cloud computing preferred.
- CCNP or higher (CCIE or equivalent highly valued)
- Deep understanding of networking protocols (e.g., IPSEC, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS)
- Proven hands-on network engineering experience
- Solid understanding of the OSI or TCP/IP model
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic, and network analytics tools
- Storage concepts/ terminology; hypervisor concepts, knowledge of Microsoft OS products, knowledge of Linux OS.
- Good interpersonal, communication and customer service skills.
- Comfortable facing new challenges and technologies.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer-facing environment.
- Multiplatform Operating Systems Knowledge (Windows, Linux) would be an added advantage
The position comes with excellent pay and benefits