Software Engineer / Sr. Software Engineer - Central IA, US (Hybrid)
Ready to use your Software Engineering talent to implement change? Join our team of innovators revolutionizing agriculture!
Ag Leader was born from a passion and determination to transform agriculture forever. In 1992, Ag Leader changed the industry by bringing real-time yield data to farmers’ fingertips. Today, Ag Leader has become a global team that provides year-round solutions to help farmers plan, plant, apply, and harvest more efficiently and profitably.
To work on a cross-functional team building software products that help farmers maximize profit and field productivity as a Software Engineer/Senior Software Engineer (hiring multiple positions/levels). You and your teammates will be responsible for designing and delivering quality, innovative solutions to customer needs. This is a challenging opportunity to gain experience and expertise in a variety of programming environments related to development in embedded devices and Linux. There will be opportunities to participate in training and personal development.
This is a hybrid work-from-home and in-the-office opportunity. Candidates will be expected in the Ames, Iowa office a few days a week.
• Work with team members to design, implement and test innovative solutions to customer needs
• Deliver high-quality working code within a sprint boundary
• Demonstrate working features to a broad audience within the company
• Show courage and openness by actively participating in retrospectives and code reviews, focusing on growth of yourself and your team
• Work as needed on applications written in a variety of programming languages
Senior Software Engineers will also
• Mentor and teach less experienced team members in new product development as an equal
• Lead the team through designing, implementing, and testing innovative solutions to customer needs
• Participate in discussions and initiatives with other technical leaders, working to improve our technical solutions and development process
• Technically assist team members in troubleshooting software solutions
• Evaluate the implementation of a design through code reviews
• Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited academic institution in computer science, software engineering, or other engineering discipline
• Experience in product development focused on software products
• Strong understanding of C++
• Experience working with Linux and embedded systems
• Also desirable:
- Python experience
- Knowledge of geospatial functions and concepts
- Foundations in math concepts
- Working knowledge of Agile software development methods preferred such as Scrum, Continuous Integration, and Test-Driven Development