Software Engineer - (Remote) - Allosense
Are you an experienced Software Engineer who's skilled in Python and C++, and wants to build software designs used for military operations and commercial applications? If so, read on!
Location: Remote and 50% Travel (Paid by Company)
Allosense (https://www.allosense.com/) designs and manufactures “always connected” asset trackers that use satellite, cellular, and mesh technologies. Our team has deep technical and domain expertise from Tesla, Apple, Intel, and Qualcomm. Allosense is a federal contractor and a Small Business Innovation and Research (SBIR) awardee by AFWERX, the US Air Force’s Innovation Hub. Our mission is to optimize outdated workflows by integrating sensors and automating processes, unlike using spreadsheets.
About the Role:
We are seeking a Software Engineer to join our fast paced and growing team. The Engineer will develop scalable software tools and programs deployed for our large-enterprise engagements and will report directly to the Head of Manufacturing and Engineering. The ideal candidate will be responsible for architecting and committing code subject to proper CI/CD processes. Code may be used for military operations as well as commercial applications.
- Design robust and scalable software in Python, C/C++, and/or DotNet
- Create scalable programming architectures that exhibit good practices of object-oriented programming, inheritance, and modularity
- Document and commit changes on a regular, daily basis
- Interface with hardware (typically over USB or ethernet)
- Reports progress to team on a weekly basis
- Develop code for customer facing User Interfaces and communicate effectively with customers
- Experience in programming with proven track record of successful implementation
- Experience with Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure
- Familiar with high-volume test systems and distributed sensor networks including IoT
- Uncompromising integrity and strong dedication to professionalism
- Candidate will be expected to travel at least 50% of the time for the first 3 years of employment and some overtime maybe required
- Comfort working with teams located in multiple locations and time zones with a “go-getter” attitude
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
Competitive Compensation, Stock Options and full Benefits and perks