Software Development Manager- Livegistics - Remote, USA
Are you an ambitious software leader looking to lead multiple development teams, build creative technology solutions for an untapped market, positively impact communities, and relish ownership opportunities in one of the hottest and most diverse tech companies in the country, then join our team today!
Livegistics has a bold vision to become the worldwide leader in construction software. Helping companies save money and communities live better. To execute on this vision, Livegistics is systematically investing in product innovation in areas of IOT’s, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, 3-D modeling, Data capture and analysis metrics and Advanced Report Engineering.
Our engineers own the complete customer experience for our three SaaS platforms, working on a wide range of technologies (including GCP libraries, React and React Native, Firebase and AWS cloud hosting services, nosql and sql database structure, material ui) and build and operate highly scalable, low latency mobile products and services.
About the Role:
You will identify, hire and build a world-class team of Development Engineers to define, drive and execute on this vision. You will develop a team of highly motivated and talented individuals that can collaborate with Product Managers, Technical Program Managers, and SMEs across the company on this high impact initiative. You will design, build and own features and programs that will delight our customers and set Livegistics apart as a world leader in software tech.
- Work with product managers in developing a strategy and road map to provide compelling capabilities for the Livegistics marketplace that helps them succeed in their business goals
- Work closely with senior engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development
- Instill best practices for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements, and deliver high-quality work on tight schedules
- Project management - prioritization, planning of projects and features, stakeholder management and tracking of external commitments
- Translate business requirements into technical solutions, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
- Operational Excellence - monitoring & operation of production services
- Career management and development of direct reports
Required Skills and Experience:
- 7+ years of Software Development experience; 3+ years of experience in building and leading strong engineering teams
- Deep hands-on technical expertise in mobile and web-technologies
- Solid software development background including design patterns, data structures, test driven development
- Software development experience in building web services and highly scalable applications
- Managed a team of engineers with excellent communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience;
Nice to Have:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations