Software Development Engineering Manager - AG Leader - Ames, Iowa
Are you a great people manager looking for an amazing opportunity that will tap into your technical background and leadership skills? If so, read on!
Here at Ag Leader, addressing the wants and needs of farmers is priority number one.
With four offices, 280+ employees worldwide and an expansive domestic and international dealer network, Ag Leader is dedicated to producing a valuable product experience for growers. Ag Leader remains privately owned and family operated, headquartered in Ames, Iowa, USA.
Ag Leader was born from a passion and determination to transform agriculture forever. In 1992, Ag Leader changed the industry by bringing real-time yield data to farmers’ fingertips. Today, more than 25 years later, Ag Leader has become a global team that provides year-round solutions to help farmers plan, plant, apply, and harvest more efficiently and profitably. We are improving the lives of farmers. We are increasing the efficiency of production agriculture around the world. And we aren’t slowing down. Ready to use your talent to implement change? Join our team of innovators revolutionizing agriculture.
About the Opportunity
As a Software Development Engineering Manager, you will supervise a group of engineers building software products that help farmers improve their way of life and maximize the productivity of their operation. In this position, you will be responsible for supervising the people, technical resources, and projects of a subset of the department. This is a challenging opportunity to gain experience in people leadership, process improvement and technical mentorship. There will be opportunities to participate in training and personal development. Key responsibilities include:
- Recruiting, hiring, onboarding and career development of the software engineers reporting to you.
- Creating, collecting, and analyzing key performance metrics of the software engineering group.
- Exemplifying our company and department values and inspire others to live by them.
- Working with other leaders in the company to improve and execute our product development process.
- Participating in departmental budgetary plans.
The right person will inspire engineers to broaden the applicability of their solutions, ready to lead improvement efforts, ready to problem solve, and give and receive constructive feedback.
- You are an inspirational leader who enjoys developing others.
- You have a technical background that includes software engineering, product development, and working knowledge of common software development practices.