Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) - DryvIQ - Remote, U.S.
Seeking a SDET for a growing software innovator who is comfortable with building automation frameworks for back-end and UI testing and can handle the challenge of a complex product and validation that is heavily dependent on external platforms!
About the Company
DryvIQ is a rapidly evolving, fast-paced, software firm based in the Ann Arbor tech cluster with a 90% remote workforce in all US time zones. Our workforce excels at safeguarding what matters through data driven awareness of customers’ secure and sensitive documents and content.
About the Role
The SDET understands digital platforms such as Microsoft SharePoint or Google Gsuite and is an expert in designing scalable and maintainable test automation. This individual will work closely with the Development Lead and Technical Director to understand architecture of the application to build reliable Unit, Integration, and Acceptance tests utilizing our Azure DevOps (migrating from TeamCity).
- Working in current architecture and implementing, maintaining, and performing test automation, tooling, deployment, and measurement frameworks
- Participating across DevOps and Agile teams – full lifecycle – including design, planning, backlog grooming, testing and support
- Develop CI/CD pipelines for execution of test automation and understand the flow of code and how it interacts with different components
- Work with the development team to understand the application architecture in order to access risk and integration points in order to develop good test cases
- Researching test tools, methodologies, and trends and upgrading existing practices and processes
- Contributing Quality tooling and test scripting for every production release
- Experience in Test Automation frameworks in Agile work environment
- Experience in assisting in the design of a scalable and maintainable automation framework and testing of RESTful Web Services
- Strong understanding of proper automation coverage (unit, functional, regression) and code coverage tools (SonarQube)
- Strong programming knowledge and experience in Object Oriented languages (Java or C#)
- Team player with excellent communication skills to communicate with Application Architects, Development, QA and Business partners and act as the Lead Automation Engineer across multiple scrum teams
- Experience with CI|CD Tools a plus (GitHub, Jira, Practitest, Azure DevOps)
- Experience in unit, functional, integration, performance, and security testing
This position is a great fit for you if you like -
- Working in a company where you are working with dedicated and very smart developers
- If you like detailed work and are comfortable with building automation frameworks for back-end testing, not just UI testing.
- If you have the thought process of, “If I have to do this more than once I’m going to automate it!”
This position is not a great fit for you if you like -
- Large organization stability, extensive hierarchies or matrix organizations, and a relatively unchanging set of duties and responsibilities
- You also prefer environments which have a low level of distraction with huge teams to help you
- You only see one right way to solve a problem