Shipping Supervisor - Labeltape - Caledonia, MI
With over 40 years experience, Labeltape provides custom labeling and packaging solutions to multiple industries: Food/Beverage, Health/Beauty, Medical/Pharmaceutical, Automotive/Accessories, Consumer Durable/Nondurable Goods and more. We are located in Caledonia, about 20 miles from Grand Rapids, Michigan.
About the Opportunity
As a Shipping Supervisor, you will be responsible for meeting all the needs and requirements of customer’s finished product delivery requirements. Quality control and attention to details is a must for this position. You will be required to follow each detail per the shop order provided to exceed customer expectations for quality product delivered in a timely fashion. The Supervisor will also assist other production support when the need arises.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Prepare work per Job Tickets/SOP to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Prepare all shipping documents needed to meet specifications for accurate delivery of completed orders.
- Assemble all packages for a secure and safe handling.
- Set-up workstations each morning and follow ongoing maintenance of your assigned equipment to ensure ongoing efficient operation.
- Prepare a detailed inventory of all finished goods as requested.
- Keep accurate records of shipping material inventory and coordinate restocking each month.
- Communicate status of all work in process and report any short-fall’s or issues of concern to the appropriate concerned parties.
- Assist management with timely reporting or special projects as directed.
- Report all equipment repair issues to the production manager.
- Always follow safety requirements for your work area at all times.
- Keep all information for each customer current and accurate.
- Take personal responsibility for the company image to the customer and take every necessary action to maintain company reputation for on-time delivery of quality products.
You have a strong background in shipping. You have a passion for quality and the ability to lift up to 50 pounds.