Senior System Administrator - Wellspring - Remote Role
A rapidly growing global Technology firm is seeking a Senior System Administrator who can contribute to the firm and avail significant opportunities for career advancement!
Location: 100% Remote in the US
Wellspring is the global leader in tech scouting and innovation management software, serving leading companies. We work with clients to accelerate the pace of innovation at premier research universities, R&D groups at Fortune 500 companies, and leading medical institutions. Wellspring also operates Flintbox®, the largest online marketplace for inventions emerging from research labs around the world.
About the Role
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing DevOps team within IT operations that utilizes a range of tools to manage and automate configurations. The ideal candidate has an end-to-end mentality who feels responsible for the entire system, whether scripting automation, testing, on-call troubleshooting, documentation, spike/research, or root cause analysis.
- A Senior Linux admin who can work with LAMP stacks in AWS.
- Able to forge their own way while building off of current infrastructure and documentation.
- As a senior member of the team, you will need to be able to accurately analyze project scope and work with project managers, software developers, and team leadership.
- See projects through to completion with reasonable guidance or aid and pair with your co-workers to knowledge share (and celebrate) after project completion.
- You will be responsible for writing Puppet and Terraform code to implement our LAMP stack on Ubuntu.
- You will be one of the primary owners of our FedRAMP environment in AWS.
- Python (2.7 and 3.x) and Bash
- Experience with AWS at scale
- Puppet and Terraform, with an emphasis on updating code to latest versions
- Ubuntu and CentOS
- LAMP stacks (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP)
- Nagios and Prometheus
- Jenkins and CI/CD workflows
- Docker, Kubernetes, and Helm