Senior Software Engineer (High Performance Computing) – HistoSonics – Ann Arbor
Are you a skilled software engineer who is detail oriented and analytical, and wants to help create medical devices? If so, apply now!
Reporting Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Reports To: Director of Software Engineering
Where: HistoSonics, Inc.
The role is responsible for design and development of a high-performance computing engine that will collect data about the treatment and adjust the treatment plan based on that information. This position will develop functional prototypes while working closely with research team and write specification and lead integration of these features into product level software.
- Gather and evaluate requirements in collaboration with research team and product managers.
- Work closely with research team and product managers on prototypes.
- Document design specifications.
- Develop high-performance computing engine to process treatment feedback data in real-time.
- Lead integration of developed prototypes in product level software.
- Ensure all applicable tasks are performed in compliance with the Quality Management System.
- Participate in continuous improvement of the Quality System and software development procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Software Engineering.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in software development for medical devices.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Computer Science, Math, or Engineering or related field, or Associates degree and a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
- Software development experience with C/C++/C#.
- Experience with CUDA.
- Experience with programming hardware interfaces through serial and network interfaces.
- Experience with different operating systems with emphasis on Microsoft Windows.
- Experience with source-code control systems.
- Experience with applicable FDA regulations and ISO standards.
- Ability to properly prioritize multiple tasks/projects.
- Must be detail oriented and analytical.
- Must be team-oriented and motivated with the ability to self-manage, learn quickly, and maintain successful interdisciplinary relationships.