Senior Software Developer - Genomenon - Ann Arbor
Are you experienced in Dev-Ops and Python, and ready to get your feet wet in the Pharma Industry? If so, read on!
Genomenon is an AI-driven genomics company. Our mission is to save and improve lives by making genomic information actionable. We organize the world’s genomic knowledge and put it at the fingertips of clinicians to help diagnose and treat patients suffering from rare diseases and cancer, and to help precision medicine companies create targeted therapies for diseases.
Mastermind Genomic Landscapes inform pharmaceutical and bio-pharma companies on precision medicine development, deliver genomic biomarkers for clinical trial target selection, and support CDx regulatory submissions with empirical evidence.
Genomenon was named 2020 Global Company of the Year in Clinical Genomics Interpretation by Frost & Sullivan.
We’re looking for a Senior Full-Stack Software Developer who can take direction and run with it, building out new and existing products and features. This role will be involved in our entire stack, both back-end and front-end, and will take ownership of the services they build.
You’ll be working directly in a team of software developers with our CTO, who built several startups (the last of which was acquired by Edmunds.com), and who authors and contributes to many open source projects, including as a member of the Ruby on Rails core team.
We’re a small, but effective development team that values empathy, support, and productivity. As part of our team, you’ll be contributing directly to a product that helps save lives and improve the quality of life for patients with cancer and children with rare, genetic diseases.
What We’re Looking For
Someone who has had a range of experience working with both back-end and front-end technologies, especially for web-based applications as well as for back-end data processing applications and pipelines handling large amounts of textual, genomic, or similar data. Our ideal candidate will contribute great ideas, design, architecture and code to help us continue to build out our solutions for precision medicine in the identification and treatment of cancer and other inherited rare diseases. This is a full-time position, which could be local, working out of our Ann Arbor headquarters (at least after the pandemic, that is), or remote.
We’re currently hiring for three new positions on the development team, so if you don’t have experience in all of the following, that’s OK.
- Work directly with CTO, VP of Product Strategy, and development team to develop and build new products and product features for our current products.
- Dev-Ops, Server Management, AWS and other VPS
- Automated Testing, Code Reviews
- Staging and Production Releases
- Database Management, High Throughput Data Processing
- Other duties as required to help the Genomenon team achieve its objectives
Required Skills and Background:
- Software Languages – Ruby, Python, or Go
- Infrastructure and Systems – Docker
- Databases – Experience with ElasticSearch or other text indexing and search software like direct experience with Lucene
- OS – Linux and OS X (Bash and command-line things)
- Version Control – Git (or Mercurial or similar distributed VCS)
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to be self-sufficient
- Self-motivator with strong work ethic with a “can-do” positive attitude
- Pragmatism and desire to be a part of the fast-paced, high-energy entrepreneurial experience
- A 4-year degree, ideally a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science
- Experience with genomics, bioinformatics, big data, and/or pharmacogenomics and drug targeting a plus
Genomenon is an equal opportunity employer and committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.