Senior Cost Accountant - Healthmark - Fraser, MI
Are you a cost accountant that loves using a variety of business skills? If yes, keep reading!
About the Company
Since 1969, Healthmark Industries Company, Inc. has developed and marketed innovative solutions to aid healthcare facilities in their delivery of surgical instruments and other life saving medical devices to patients. Our mission is to continue to innovate, continue to support and continue to serve the healthcare provider industry and support services that make it possible to deliver quality healthcare. Visit www.hmark.com for more information.
About the Opportunity
The Sr. Cost Accountant will provide experienced cost accounting expertise and thought leadership for the company’s departments. This position will be responsible for collaborating and building positive relationships with these key departments to drive innovative process improvements and optimize financial outcomes. This position will report to the Director of Finance.
Key responsibilities include:
- Review standard costs, profit margins and recommend changes as appropriate.
- Analyze cost of raw materials and other supplies and create cost-benefit analysis.
- Perform landed cost calculations and adjusting entries in ERP.
- Prepare journal entries to accurately capture costs according to US GAAP including
those affecting inventory, E&O, freight, overhead allocation, variances, etc.
- Capture and calculate manufacturing costs including labor and overhead.
- Lead effort to qualify manufacturing costs on an annual basis.
- Classify costs accurately and allocate appropriately across product lines.
- Track CAPEX projects and provide detailed analysis.
- Assist in the annual budget process.
- Define future state requirements for capturing costs in ERP.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports for Director of Finance.
- Assist the Director of Finance with policy or best practice procedures to increase
- Prepare periodic reports and statistical analysis reflecting financial results, labor,
overhead and KPI’s.
- Generate PPV (Yield Analysis), MUV and other analytical reports.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of inventory (raw materials, work-in-process, and
About You Other
- You are an experienced cost accountant and team leader looking for an opportunity to use your business and process improvement skills.
- Limited travel (domestic and international) and occasional remote work.