Senior Accountant - Micro-Tech Endoscopy - Ann Arbor, MI
Are you an Accountant looking to play a key role with everything accounting in a rapidly growing medical device company? If so, please continue reading!
About the Company
We are Micro-Tech Endoscopy, USA (MTU), a rapidly growing medical device company based in Ann Arbor, Michigan. We are a global organization with facilities in Asia, Europe, and the U.S. We save lives, by partnering with doctors dedicated to innovation and we are committed to bringing the highest quality new devices to market, with unprecedented speed, at an economical price. We have an entrepreneurial culture, and capability to honor our commitments and turn concepts into reality.
To learn more about the company, please visit our website: www.mtendoscopy.com
About the Opportunity
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for overseeing Accounts Payable and Receivable.
Key responsibilities include
- Prepare special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information
- Research and interpret accounting topics and standards to answer accounting procedure questions and new transaction types
- Contributing to process improvements, system enhancements with focus on automating and streamlining the month-end closing process in respective area of responsibility
- Maintain royalties, rebates, and budget to actuals
- Maintain fixed asset register and documentation and manage fixed asset movements
- Review inventory schedules such as count schedule, roll-forward schedule to resolve discrepancies
- Manage and support month end closing activities, including but not limited to preparing the timely analysis and reconciliation, adjustments of various balance sheet accounts, and tax and government filings
- Complies and supports multi state, and local sales and use tax and corporate reporting financial requirements
- Support financial audits, tax audits and providing auditors with required support, analyzes and reconciliations
- Demonstrates a good knowledge of GAAP
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Highly detail oriented and organized
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines
- CPA preferred
- Prior experience with SAP preferred
- Effective interpersonal, organizational, documentation and research capabilities (including technical research)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
Micro-Tech Endoscopy is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.