Senior Accountant - Blumira - Remote, USA
Heard anything about breaches lately? Every week there's another story about a company being held for ransom. So, how do we solve this issue? The challenge is big, but so is the reward for getting this right. Enter Blumira! We seek an enthusiastic Senior Accountant. Are you in? If so, read on and apply today!
About Blumira and Our Culture
By making detection and response rapid, simple, and affordable, we can help organizations of all sizes - especially small and medium-sized businesses - which have been neglected, priced-out, or, simply—failed—by existing solutions. In helping them, we help their customers, and, overall, make the Internet a safer place. We have a platform, a vision, and a team to turn the tide. To realize our vision, we're looking for inquisitive and driven teammates, like you! Be part of a team that embraces who you are and offers you the opportunity to help build and scale the Ann Arbor tech security scene and to learn and grow with expert SaaS security leaders.
About the Opportunity
The Senior Accountant will assist in all areas of Accounting/Finance that are needed at a growing tech startup. This includes the support of the monthly/quarterly accounting activities, tax matters, and assisting with the implementation of accounting programs. You will interact with all departments in the organization and report to the VP of Finance. Knowledge of US GAAP, and prior experience preparing balance sheet account reconciliations and work-papers for an audit or financial review is required. Key duties include:
- Assist with SaaSOptics software implementation, setup, and management.
- Enter sales orders into SaaSOptics and schedule emailing invoices.
- Assist with accounts receivable and payable - bank fees and reconciliations.
- Employee reimbursements and payroll support.
- Update budget and forecast.
- Assist with tax matters; such as state tax report filings, sales tax, and support of outside CPAs on tax returns.
- Prepare month end close journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Assist with financial statements.
- Support during all financial reviews.
- Accounting/Accounting Information Systems degree.
- US GAAP accounting experience.
- Intermediate/advanced Excel skills.
- Experience with audited or reviewed financials or other related experience.
- Experience crafting new processes.
- Tech savvy.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to prioritize competing and changing priorities.
- Good communication skills.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive compensation and equity shares
- Unlimited PTO
- Comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, as well as a company sponsored pre-tax retirement savings program
Blumira is an inclusive employer. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.