Scientist / Sr. Scientist (RNA) - Tacit Therapeutics - Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti
Interested in making central contributions to the creation of a new therapeutic technology platform? Want to grow with an early-stage start-up? Read on!
About The Company
We are building the first inherently non-immunogenic and broadly-applicable RNA editing platform. By drawing from basic principles in RNA processing and recent advancements in gene therapy, our therapeutic platform can be used to halt or reverse the progression of hundreds of human diseases.
We are looking for ambitious and talented individuals to join our core team. Success in this position will mean making central contributions to the creation of a new therapeutic technology platform and eventually human therapeutics. As an early-stage company, applicants should be interested in growing with the company by expanding their scientific and professional abilities and responsibilities.
Our founders are entrepreneurs and scientists whose experience includes building therapeutic technology platforms, running clinical trials, and raising tens of millions of dollars in venture capital funding. We plan to rapidly expand to a range of therapeutic programs by utilizing automation and high-throughput sequencing to compare iterations of our therapeutic platform.
About The Role
Scientist / Sr. Scientist- RNA editing therapeutic research and development. Our platform can be used, in principle, to address any mutation on the RNA level. This multifunctional role will involve combining a basic understanding of RNA biology, cell biology, and biochemistry with automation, transcriptomics, and screening techniques to motivate data-driven identification of candidate therapeutics. Success in this position will involve the development of intuition that will allow both rational design and directed evolution of new RNA editing therapeutics. Your decisions will directly inform pre-clinical studies and filings with the FDA in pursuit of clinical development of new human therapeutics.
How You Will Contribute
In this role, you will create a scientific strategy by developing an in-depth understanding of our platform and workflows. You will be responsible for optimizing our technology platform as well as identifying new capabilities. You will also be responsible for conducting transcriptome-wide analysis of therapeutic activity in human cells and mouse tissues by high-throughput sequencing. This is a highly collaborative position in which you will coordinate execution of strategy by integrating across the many disciplines represented within the company, from molecular biology to disease biology, automation, and high-throughput sequencing.
- Draw from molecular biology expertise to evaluate potential human therapeutics
- Develop workflows involving high-throughput sequencing to compare on- and off-target activities in the transcriptome
- Develop and refine assays to compare therapeutic efficiencies
- Conduct cellular assays (tissue culture) in a variety of human disease models
- Utilize a pipetting robot to conduct tissue culture experiments and assemble qPCR reactions
- Interpret varied readouts of therapeutic efficiencies including fluorescent and luminescent reporters and high-throughput RNA sequencing
- Work with a range of cell biology tools
- Design and manage animal studies conducted at other organizations
- Collaborate with a diverse team of wet-lab and computational scientists
- Ph.D. in biology, biochemistry, biomedical engineering, or a related field
- Strong track record leading cross-functional projects
- 5+ years in molecular biology
- 5+ years hands-on wet lab experience
- 3+ computational biology/transcriptomics experience
- Experience with in vivo disease modeling in genetic models of neurological, neuromuscular, and/or retinal disease
- Expertise in transcriptomics - library preparation, sequencing, splicing/gene expression analysis
- Expert-level knowledge in RNA processing
- 2+ years post Ph.D. experience
- Mentoring and managing experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.