Sales/Business Development Representative - Technology/Mobility-Salaried - Ann Arbor
If you have a passion for technology and sales and the future of mobility excites you then read on! With SBD, you will join a team with ambitious growth goals and you get to build your Business Development Career.
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan/Remote Consideration
Must be in the U.S and unfortunately we are not able to provide sponsorship for this role.
SBD Automotive helps our clients with connected car strategies, autonomous vehicle research, shared mobility services, and the shift to electrification which are disrupting the future of automotive. We work with 95% of the world’s leading vehicle manufacturers as well as suppliers, associated industries, start-ups, and governments in more than 70 countries.
We are hiring a Business Development Specialist who will report to the Director, North America as part of a diverse global business development team. This is a fantastic career development opportunity for someone looking to take the next step in their business development career.
About the Role
- Develop and utilize Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools and campaigns to generate new business prospects and drive proactive commercial engagement opportunities with existing automotive customers
- Provide effective end-to-end customer engagement throughout the lifecycle: sales qualification, inquiries, customer training, research portal access, expert queries, contributing to client proposals, etc.
- Make effective sales pitches, product demonstrations, and confidently communicate the value of SBD Automotive’s products and services
- Proactively network with key individuals and prospects across the automotive technology ecosystem to generate new opportunities and grow key account relationships
- While most business development opportunities are desk-based, limited domestic travel may be required (trade shows, customer visits, etc.)
- Sales and/or business development experience to B2B clients
- Have a bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in business, communications, and/or marketing
- Extremely passionate about cars and technology
- Strong attention to detail and effective communications skills (oral and written)
- Ability to listen to the needs of the customer and effectively facilitate sales
- Computer proficient – MS PowerPoint, Excel, CRM, etc.
- Team player with the highest ethics, determination, and a sense of humor
Extra Credit For
- Domain experience within the automotive industry
- Knowledge of using or selling B2B research reports and/or consulting services
- Successful track record of taking on complex challenges and successfully delivering stellar results
- Experience working within or serving a global, multi-national company
- Competitive annual salary
- Benefits package (including vacation/sick leave)
- Full health care coverage
- 401K match, etc.