Project Coordinator (Part Time) - MVCA
Are you an enthusiastic, self-directed project coordinator who'd love to be part of an organization making a real difference? Great, apply now!
*Remote work opportunity. Must reside in Michigan.
The Michigan Venture Capital Association (MVCA) is a nonprofit organization that serves as the voice of the Michigan investment and entrepreneurial community. MVCA’s vision is to increase the amount of capital and talent available to venture and angel investors to fund Michigan’s most innovative entrepreneurs. MVCA works closely with members to drive Michigan job creation and economic growth. MVCA membership includes private and corporate venture capital funds, angel investors, universities and economic development organizations, and service providers. For more information, visit www.MichiganVCA.org.
About the Opportunity
MVCA is seeking an enthusiastic, self-directed individual to be a part-time Project Coordinator.
A project coordinator will oversee the outcomes of projects, meetings, and events in support of MVCA’s Associate and Executive Director. Project coordination includes monitoring tasks, deliverables, resources, materials, and scheduling. A project coordinator exercises independent judgement to ensure that projects are undertaken and completed. Workload and direction are provided by the Executive Director.
To be successful, the project coordinator will need to be able to work on tight deadlines, have exceptional verbal and written skills, be self-driven, and enjoy working from home. If you have a passion to be part of Michigan’s economic growth as well as have the passion to be part of an organization making a difference – look no further than MVCA!
About the Responsibilities
In this position, you will be supporting the MVCA team to:
- Execute project management administrative tasks.
- Prepare and manage project management documents.
- Implement and manage MVCA programs (e.g., internships).
- Schedule and participate in stakeholder meetings, workshops, and events.
- Communicate with members, sponsors, and vendors to deliver outcomes.
- Document and follow up important actions from meetings and events.
- Ensure program schedules and deliverables are achieved.
- Responsible to maintain MVCA’s CRM with stakeholders.
- Support content and management of the MVCA website (WordPress – no coding).
- Exceptional verbal and written skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Capable to work in a deadline-driven environment.
- Proficient at Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Capacity to multi-task and manage various projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge of file management and other administrative procedures.
- Thrive on learning new things with a strong attention to detail.
- Experience in administration and/or project management.
- Remote Work Opportunity. Must Reside in Michigan.
- Flexible working hours at 32 hours/week.
- Salary range anticipated between $41,500 - $49,500 to commensurate with experience.
- Remote work environment with occasional meeting and event trips within Michigan.
- Position supported with a monthly cell phone and work-from-home stipends.
- All travel for this position is reimbursed quarterly at the IRS Per Diem Rate.