Program Director, Before/After Care - Ann Arbor Public Schools
Are you a dynamic leader who's passionate about supporting youth development? Then we want you!
About the Opportunity
AAPS Community Education and Recreation’s Extended Day Program offers safe, fun, and enriching environments for Young 5 - 5th grade students during the before and after school hours. The Multi-Site Program Director will have overall responsibility for 1-3 school-based before/after school program sites, including supervision of on-site staff; planning and implementation of enriching and healthy activities; parent communication; program quality improvement; and liaison work with school leadership.
- Lead team of before/after care site staff, including: assisting with recruitment and hiring of site staff; providing on-site training, monitoring, and support; managing staff absences; and leading weekly site staff meetings.
- Lead site team in preparing and implementing developmentally-appropriate activities that support students’ wellbeing through choices, enrichment, and fun.
- Ensure that each child and all areas of the center are adequately supervised at all times, assigning assistant(s) and other helpers as needed.
- Work with EDP Before/After Care administrative team to identify and implement accommodations for students with special needs.
- As part of the EDP administrative team, assist in determining and meeting the needs of EDP sites, including logistical, supply, custodial and facility needs.
- Assist with quality assurance and licensing site visits. Implementing improvements from licensing action plans and identified in parent and staff satisfaction surveys.
- Assist in programming and staffing during district half days.
- Bachelor’s degree with coursework that meets Michigan Department of Human Services child care licensing regulations
- Experience working as part of a team to retain and support staff, coordinate logistics for programs and handle emergencies
- Experience using computer software, including word processing, registration, website maintenance and web-based software.
*Health insurance & retirement benefits available