Cost Estimator - Pyramid Consulting International - Multiple Locations
Do you want to be part of a rapidly growing company helping Fortune 100 companies achieve performance excellence?
Pyramid Consulting International
We assist a diverse client base in meeting the demands of today’s challenging markets.
About the Role
Pyramid Consulting International is seeking to employ a professional cost estimator with experience in estimate development for capital projects, preferably in the utility industry. The individual will be responsible for generating parametric and detailed estimates to support the scope of work of a project including:
- Collaborate with project sponsors/stakeholder groups to understand scope of a project.
- Utilize pre-existing parametric estimating tool to generate parametric estimates in accordance with AACE estimate class requirements for substation and transmission projects based on conceptual scope of work for the project.
- Utilize existing estimating templates to generate assembly-level cost estimates for projects based on detailed scope of work and 30-50% engineering design.
- Facilitate the identification of changes to the parametric estimating tool to provide data in a more usable format for subsequent use in the project schedule and cost management.
- Utilize estimates vs actuals cost comparisons from projects to refresh & update cost data in parametric estimating tool.
- Revision of existing cost data in parametric estimating tool, to assist with structuring of the enterprise estimating system and work with developers for implementation.
- Improve coordination of estimates to avoid duplication of estimates, improve ownership, and avoid overlaps in estimate scope.
- Train estimators on revised tools, especially for contracted estimators and assist with development of standard work instructions to standardize project scoping and estimating.
- Professional cost estimating experience, in developing estimate packages for design & construction.
- Industry experience estimating construction projects for energy utilities and/or above/below grade civil estimating.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of products.
- Proficient in AACE Cost Engineering Practices and TCM framework.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering, or related fields.
- Familiarity with Enterprise Estimating Systems like Sage is a plus.
- Familiarity with process improvement methodologies like Lean & Six Sigma is a plus.
- Remote due to COVID-19, less than 10% once resumed on-site in Ohio, New Jersey, or Pennsylvania.