Product Owner - AG Leader - Ames, Iowa
Do you find problem solving with a group of people rewarding plus have a passion for farming and agriculture? If so, join an innovative team today, read on!
Ag Leader was born from a passion and determination to transform agriculture forever. In 1992, Ag Leader changed the industry by bringing real-time yield data to farmers’ fingertips. Today, more than 25 years later, Ag Leader has become a global team that provides year-round solutions to help farmers plan, plant, apply, and harvest more efficiently and profitably. We are improving the lives of farmers. We are increasing the efficiency of production agriculture around the world. And we aren’t slowing down. Ready to use your talent to implement change? Join our team of innovators revolutionizing agriculture.
About the Opportunity
As a Product Owner, you will get the chance to maximize the value of a product resulting from the work of a Scrum team. You will be responsible for collaborating with product managers to develop and communicate a product goal, and work with a software scrum team to create, prioritize, and maintain a product backlog. Work with products and features in real-life environments to gain feedback from customers and analyze issues.
This is an opportunity to increase your knowledge of crop farming concepts and precision farming products and to ensure products improve the lives of our customers.
- Play a key part in creating an environment where engineers feel encouraged to build innovative products
- Work closely with customers, Product Managers, and other Product Owners to focus on intersecting the needs of the business with the needs of the customers to deliver a world class user experience to the marketplace
- Ensure your team’s product backlog is maintained, relevant and prioritized
- Review the output of the team with a critical eye to confirm that what is being delivered meets our commitment to our business and customers
- Collaborate to refine and adjust a project plan as new information presents itself and/or market or business conditions change
The right person will delight in problem solving, contribute, and thrive in a cross-functional team environment, inspire engineers to broaden the applicability of their solutions, and be ready to give and receive constructive feedback. A plus if you are a Certified Product Owner, otherwise training will be provided.
- You likely have a deep understanding of the agriculture market
- You have a technical background in agribusiness, product development, or related field
- Ability to operate agricultural tools and machinery in the field
- Working knowledge of Agile software development methods and what makes them highly effective