Product Owner - Ag Leader - Ames, IA
Do you find problem solving with a group of people rewarding plus have a passion for farming and agriculture? If so, join an innovative team today, read on!
Ag Leader was born from a passion and determination to transform agriculture forever. In 1992, Ag Leader changed the industry by bringing real-time yield data to farmers’ fingertips. Today, more than 25 years later, Ag Leader has become a global team that provides year-round solutions to help farmers plan, plant, apply, and harvest more efficiently and profitably. We are improving the lives of farmers. We are increasing the efficiency of production agriculture around the world. And we aren’t slowing down.
In this position, you will get the chance to maximize the value of a product resulting from the work of a Scrum team. You will be responsible for collaborating with product management to develop and communicate a product goal, and then using that goal you will work with a mechanical design scrum team to create, communicate, prioritize, and maintain a product backlog. You will also spend time working with our products and features in their real-life environments while gaining feedback from customers and learning about and analyzing issues.
This is a challenging opportunity to increase your knowledge of crop farming concepts and precision farming products and utilize it to ensure we build products that improve the lives of our customers. You will work in a complex product development environment, collaborating with engineers, customers, product managers, and product owners in multiple engineering departments.
- Play a key part in creating an environment where engineers feel encouraged to build innovative products
- Work closely with customers, Product Managers, and other Product Owners to focus on intersecting the needs of the business with the needs of the customers to deliver a world class user experience to the marketplace
- Create and collaborate with others on a visible product plan, taking into consideration our whole portfolio of current and future products
- Ensure your team’s product backlog is maintained, relevant and prioritized
- Review the output of the team with a critical eye to confirm that what is being delivered meets our commitment to our business and customers
- Continually analyze and adjust the scope and overall deliverable to focus our efforts on delivering the most value within a given time frame or suggest an alternative timeline
- Work with other leaders in the company to improve and execute our product development process
The right person will delight in problem solving, contribute, and thrive in a cross-functional team environment, inspire engineers to broaden the applicability of their solutions, and be ready to give and receive constructive feedback. A plus if you are a Certified Product Owner, otherwise training will be provided.
- Bachelor’s degree in agribusiness, Agriculture Systems Technology (AST), Ag-Engineering or related field
- You likely have a deep understanding of the agriculture market
- You have a technical background in agribusiness, product development, or related field
- Ability to operate agricultural tools and machinery in the field
- Working knowledge of Agile software development methods and what makes them highly effective