Product Engineer - Soundskrit - Montreal, Quebec CA
Are you a product engineer who would love to be part of a collaborative team revolutionizing the field of audio engineering where your ideas matter? Look no further!
Soundskrit (www.soundskrit.ca) is an early-stage start-up leveraging years of research in bio-inspired MEMS microphones to develop the first multi-directional acoustic flow sensor that can capture and isolate any sound in the environment with a fraction of the size, power, and computation of alternative solutions.
Our proprietary hardware senses acoustic waves in a fundamentally new way to provide a level of sound localization and separation not previously obtainable. With our proprietary algorithms, we unlock a suite of audio features with outstanding performance: far-field voice capture, spatial audio recordings for immersive audio rendering, audio event characterization and much more.
Soundskrit is headquartered in Montreal, Quebec, and has a R&D facility in Ann Arbor, Michigan. With our disruptive technology, well financed backing, and anxious customers we are actively searching for candidates interested in making a difference within our organization, our customers, and the markets we are addressing. Your work will have a tremendous influence in the company.
About the Opportunity
A Product Engineer will be responsible for the overall success of our products covering manufacturing, yields, costs, performance, customer support, and quality. Activities include: new product introduction, yield improvement, characterization, performance analysis, costs, die shrinks working with all organizations within the company. Those candidates with less experience will be taught many of the skills required. Come to us with a solid background and we will help you be successful.
- Understand and define the product workflow to assure high quality, performance driven product reaches our customers.
- Release new products to full production.
- Monitor and improve existing products through ramp.
- Characterize new products for new business opportunities.
- Work closely with our Process Development, Design, Test, Packaging and Applications groups to insure successful products.
- Own and be responsible for product gross margin.
- Work with offshore plants/suppliers to improve our products.
- Work with customers and our applications group to help solve any technical issues.
- Determine improvements needed for improved product quality.
- Some international travel will be required.
- Bachelor of Science or Master’s in electrical engineering, physics, or equivalent.
- Ability to collaborate as a team.
- Ability to provide knowledge and experience outside of core responsibilities. Everything interacts.
What We Offer
- Collaborative work environment where your ideas matter.
- A chance to impact the company on a day-to-day basis.
- Competitive stock options and benefits.
- Generous vacation package.
- A culture of respect, hard work, and success.
- Fun along the way!