Product Engineer - AGC Automotive Americas - Farmington Hills
Are you a highly skilled engineer eager to take on leadership role and work in automotive product design? If so, read on!
About the Company
AGC Automotive Americas (AANA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
About the Opportunity
The Product Engineering position is responsible for engineering automotive glazing products which we and suppliers can successfully manufacture. This position will ensure that customer technical engineering and system requirements are satisfied, and program engineering documentation is maintained within the SharePoint environment.
In this role, you will:
- Direct and coordinate the technical & engineering activities for assigned projects and programs
- Initiate orders for external CAD services and provide designers with contact information at the external design facility
- Facilitate DFMEA activities, document and archive activity results and review results with the program team and the customer when we are designated as “Design Responsible”
- Lead the glazing systems engineering & design activities (internal/external)
- Work closely with customers to direct design and ensure manufacturability
- Authorize for release and confirm design level / feasibility, 2D & 3D data generated by Product Designers for the Assembly and all related components supported by the E-BOM
- Support prototyping activities at glass, value-add, and component part plants
- Coordinate FEA and other simulation activities as needed with our Product Technology team members
- Perform technical liaison role between Central Office, manufacturing plants, suppliers, and the OEM customer
- Negotiate technical specifications, tolerances, and alternative design proposals with OEM customer
- Consolidate Cost Quotations and assist with the management of programs
- Engineering degree is required
- Understanding of CATIA, UG, Ideas or similar CAD software packages
- Proficient in Microsoft applications: Project, Excel, Word, Visio, SharePoint, Adobe
- 3 years of experience in automotive product design (glass experience is a plus)
- Detailed understanding of GD&T & tolerance stack-up principles and Project Management principles to manage engineering activities for multiple programs and/or OEM's
- Team Center proficient preferred
What Can AGC Offer You?
- Competitive Compensation
- A structured bonus plan
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Generous PTO program
- Discount programs
- This position is targeted for career development and succession planning to be a Program Manager within NML
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
- To be considered applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.