Chemical Process Engineer - Zinpro - Multiple Locations, IA
Seeking a process Engineer with expertise in manufacturing processes to play a key role for a global industry leader that provides innovative solutions and services for animal health!
Shell Rock, Iowa or Garner, Iowa
We lead the animal nutrition industry in solutions-based tools, resources, and programs that advance knowledge and practices — adding value and improving our customer’s bottom line by taking the benefits of our products further. We have a team of dedicated researchers, scientists, and field professionals who are always working to improve mineral nutrition and the productivity of your operation. Check us out - https://www.zinpro.com/
About the Role
The Process Engineer is a key contributor to Zinpro’s success, supporting business and operational objectives by leading continuous improvement initiatives throughout all Zinpro manufacturing facilities, including the assessment, development and implementation of manufacturing processes, equipment and operating strategy. The Process Engineer will leverage engineering expertise toward plant processes, including spray drying initiatives.
- Leads projects and activities in process improvement, equipment selection, operating strategy, commissioning new equipment, and lead successful and world class operation of the plant
- Leads the implementation of process improvement programs through cross-functional project management using a data-driven approach to problem solving and decision making
- Leads processes related to spray dry system initiatives
- Provides day-to-day technical support to Plant Operators and Maintenance Technicians, including development and execution of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and technical assistance to operations for problem solving, optimization and training
- Performs technical evaluations as needed to ensure successful new installations and modifications
- Assists in the selection, development, monitoring and continuous improvement of defined Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and presents this information visually and verbally
- Supports Environmental Health and Safety Compliance, cGMP and Food Safety Compliance
- Collaborates with Lab personnel to improve testing consistency related to process expectations
- Creates technical presentations including value-based analysis that justify process capital and system improvements
- Works across all Zinpro plants to align local efforts and create best practices for Operations
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related Engineering field; Chemical Engineering degree preferred
- Relevant experience working in a production environment or warehouse operation
- Strong analytical and project management skills, including the ability to lead and execute process improvement activities of varying complexity in a chemical manufacturing environment.
- Strong computer skills, including a strong working knowledge of leveraging analytical tools and Microsoft Office Suite products toward engineering initiatives
Nice to Have
- Experience in Engineering roles in manufacturing environments
- Track record of successfully leading engineering projects and initiatives, particularly those related to spray dry manufacturing
- Lean or Six Sigma knowledge
Schedule and Travel Requirements
- This position can be based at either of Zinpro’s manufacturing plants in Shell Rock, IA or Garner, IA.
- The Process Engineer is expected to work within core business hours and participates in after-hours meetings with plant personnel on other shifts as well as conference calls with overseas business teams as needed.
- There is company-sponsored travel approximately 40% of the time which can be day trips or single overnight trips primarily to the Garner Plant.
Why work for Zinpro
- Individual career growth opportunities
- 100% Employer Paid Medical Insurance – Family + Single Coverage
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- 401(k) with employer matching contributions
- Short-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Tuition Reimbursement