Preschool Teacher Assistant (Part or Full-Time) - The Discovery Center - Ann Arbor
We are looking for awesome Teacher Assistants who have a love & patience for our preschoolers! Are you energetic, fun, creative and detail-oriented? If this sounds like you, read on!
Offering full-time as well as part-time positions depending on your availability, as well as hiring bonuses!!
About The Discovery Center
The Discovery Center has been an Ann Arbor institution since 1974. They have award-winning facilities and an incredible teaching staff that have made an impact on thousands of children. Their mission is to provide a warm, nurturing, safe and loving environment for children ages 33 months - 5 years where self concepts are enhanced, independence is encouraged, and individuality is respected. They provide a developmentally appropriate learning environment where children use all their senses and learn to respect others.
About the Opportunity
The Discovery Center has immediate openings for assistant teachers who would assist as part of a team. This is an ideal opportunity to learn and grow your teaching skills from a group of seasoned and experienced educators in an enriching environment. The Discovery Center is open year-round and provides excellent professional development.
- Child related work experience required.
- Customer service work experience preferred .
- Patience, flexibility, and love for children.
- Knowledge of basic childcare principles.
- At least a high school diploma or GED.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Vaccination against Covid-19 or willingness to get vaccinated.
- Ability to pass Criminal Record Background Clearance.