Patient Services Representative - Corner Health Center - Ypsilanti
Seeking a Patient Services Representative to be part of our team and provide professional assistance to our patients and community both on the phone and at the front reception desk!
About Corner Health Center
We are a comprehensive adolescent and young adult health center committed to offering a full range of health care, mental health and other supportive services for young people. We provide judgment-free, high-quality, affordable health services to young people ages 12 to 25. Services are available regardless of ability to pa
The staff at Corner Health Center has a deep understanding and appreciation of the unique needs of young people and we welcome all regardless of race, religious affiliation, gender, or gender identity. All LGBTQ+ people are warmly welcomed for our services.
About the Role
The Corner Health Center has an immediate opening for part-time Patient Services Representative. This is an hourly position, approximately 20 hours per week. This position is responsible for scheduling all patient appointments including entering and confirming information in the EMR/EHR system. Also the PSR will professionally greet and assist patients, and guests as they come into the clinic and assist in the daily operations of a busy adolescent and young adult health center.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Schedule patient appointments
- Answer phones and provide telephone triage, routing calls to appropriate staff
- Ensure that returning patients’ records are reviewed to determine eligibility of service, and all patient information is updated.
- Perform check out duties, including scheduling of next appointment and collecting fees.
- Reconcile petty cash.
- Provide clinic staff with daily information regarding patient schedule as well as updates to the schedule throughout the day.
- Protect the confidentiality of member information in accordance with HIPAA laws and adhere to organizational policies regarding confidentiality.
- Attend the clinic and staff meetings.
The Ideal Candidate
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience with EMR/EHR.
- Able to work flexible hours.
- Proven ability to work with vulnerable populations.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- High level of professionalism.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized.
- Ability to work well as part of a team and independently.
- Appreciation for the agency mission.
- Proficiency in electronic health records.
- Experience/service in a community health/medical setting.
Working Conditions/Special Conditions
Patient care environment; frequent exposure to body fluids, infectious disease and potentially hazardous chemicals.