Operations Specialist/Technician - Fusion Coolant Systems - Canton, MI
Are you looking for an incredible opportunity to use a variety of skills to support engineering and production? If so, this is the position for you!
Fusion Coolant Systems has transformed the way metal is cut forever. Fusion implements a patented technology that leverages supercritical carbon dioxide as a cutting fluid to achieve unprecedented productivity in the manufacturing sector. Delivering up to 5x tool life and 2x cycle times, Fusion’s Pure-Cut® technology increases manufacturing speed and agility and reduces spend on capital and consumables, all while eliminating major health and environmental risks that exist in manufacturing facilities today. Since its inception, Fusion’s groundbreaking technology has had a transformative impact with industry-leading manufacturers from around the world in medical device, automotive and aerospace. Fusion Coolant Systems is headquartered in Canton, Michigan.
For more information, please visit www.fusioncoolant.com.
About the Opportunity
The Operations Specialist will master all aspects of mechanical integration of our product to machine tools and, as an integral member of our engineering team, will produce parts and innovative scalable solutions to serve both external and internal customers. For external customers, the Operations Specialist will perform installations, develop processes, conduct preventative maintenance, train customer personnel and perform field service. For internal customers, the Operation Specialist produces CNC-machined parts, creates new solutions to emergent challenges, and assists in product development and fabrication, always maintaining quality and safety standards. Travel and/or overnight is involved.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Provide expert level field service troubleshooting and repairs as well as preventative maintenance.
- Installation and testing at customers’ and potential customers’ facilities.
- Work with and train customer personnel on machine installs and repairs.
- Train and communicate with customers in a professional manner.
- Oversee the maintenance, service and/or rebuild of various machines, both in-house and product related.
- Produce machined parts by programming, setting up and operating CNC machines.
- Is a knowledge resource for other team members; serve as a consultant to other parts of the organization and share best practices.
You are a problem solver. You have experience in CNC field service and knowledge of machine controls. You have strong mechanical and electrical troubleshooting abilities, and the ability to read mechanical and electrical drawings.
Additionally, you are able to travel nationally and internationally, occasionally on short notice.