Metal Fabrication Manager - Sullivan Supply - Denison, IA
We seek a Manufacturing Manager for our metal fabrication plant in Denison, IA. The right leader will have a strong understanding and proven success managing a metal fabrication department.
About Sullivan Supply
Sullivan Supply is a stock show, family-owned and operated, company founded in 1989. The company has evolved into the innovative leader in livestock show supplies. Along with our retail operations, we work with a vast network of dealers to help bring our innovative products to as many customers as possible. Thirty-three years later, the same values of hard work and family ties still remain.
About the Opportunity
The manufacturing manager is responsible for the successful operations and financial performance of the plant, which includes; all phases of production, process flow, quality control, equipment maintenance, safety, and coordinating the recruitment, hiring and training programs of facility personnel. This position reports to the General Manager.
- P&L responsibility for the metal fabrication division.
- Responsible for all hiring, training, performance reviews and performance management of all supervisory staff. Ensure production stays on schedule through communication with the Master Scheduler
- Keep abreast of new product development.
- Directs the design and development of the manufacturing process for new products.
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Review and make recommendations regarding capital equipment needs.
- Ensure that manufacturing has accurate and detailed information on specifications to produce parts.
- Quote new parts and products ensuring optimum profit margins.
- Develop routings and bill of materials for new products.
- Assist the Design Engineer in the development of new products.
- Design and implement lean manufacturing methods that improve efficiencies for the organization.
- Main contact for coordinating with all aspects of corporate services: HR, Finance, IT, Purchasing to ensure the metal fabrication division is getting proper support.
Equipment Repair and Maintenance
- Ensure maintenance stays on schedule thru communication with the Maintenance Manager.
- Monitor operation and maintenance expenses and research ways to reduce cost while maintaining product quality and prevent downtime.
- Analyze workforce requirements.
- Coordinate the hiring and training of all manufacturing personnel.
- Conduct performance appraisals and provide coaching and guidance to all Production Supervisors and ensure supervisors are trained on how to do the same with their staff.
- Train all employees in company policy.
Safety and Regulatory
- Maintain and support a superior safety and housekeeping program.
- Evaluate practices, procedures, and facilities to assess risk and adherence to OSHA directives.
- Investigate accidents and report all injuries to their appropriate agency.
- Work closely with the Safety Manager and production teams to ensure all employees are aware of safety policies and practices to ensure a safe working environment.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with regulatory agencies.
- Implement and maintain quality control programs that ensure finished products meet various standards.
- Knowledge of TQM and Six Sigma.
- Ability to identify quality problems and take appropriate courses of action.
- Train personnel.
- Bachelors degree preferred.
- Prior experience in a metal fabrication facility, to include progressive experience in a key leadership/management role.
- Experience in all facets of metal fabrication, including welding, robotic welding, laser cutting, CNC fabrication (press brakes, mills, sawing) and powder coating.
- Strong hands-on user of MRP/ERP software systems and maintenance systems.
- Ability to develop and execute plant manufacturing budgets.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Technical competencies in CAD/CAM systems.
- Previous experience and broad understanding of safety systems and implementation of safety rules and policies.
- Previous experience in best practices and using lean manufacturing to drive improvement.
Benefits and Perks
- Health, Dental and Vision insurance.
- 401(k) with generous employer contribution.