Medical/Genomic Science Liaison (Remote) - Genomenon
Genomenon seeks a Genomic/Medical Science Liaison for a remote role within the NA time zones.
If you are enthusiastic about working with a rapidly growing startup, read on!
Genomenon is an AI-driven genomics company. Our mission is to save and improve lives by making genomic information actionable. We organize the world’s genomic knowledge and put it at the fingertips of clinicians to help diagnose and treat patients suffering from rare diseases and cancer, and to help precision medicine companies create targeted therapies for diseases.
About the Opportunity:
We are seeking a field-based Genomic/Medical Science Liaison to support the commercial objectives of
Genomenon. We are seeking an adaptable, self-starter who drives opportunities through peer-to-peer scientific
conversations with KOLs and pharmaceutical partners. This full-time position will report to the Director of
Customer Success and is field based within the US.
Key Duties Include:
- Develop and present product value proposition and scientific information to pharmaceutical scientific and product teams.
- Support sales organization and product development through meetings and email communication,
fielding customer inquiries with prompt and professional responses.
- Self-educate and train Genomenon’s internal key stake holders on pharmaceutical potential partner use cases including market analysis, existing clinical trials, landscape analysis. Assemble background documentation for customer calls that includes company and key personnel background.
- Find, schedule and meet with 6-10 KOLs in each new disease area, ensuring knowledge proficiency in each disease area before discussions.
- Recognize, record and communicate the needs of pharmaceutical partners to increase technology
- Share medical insights that contribute to the enhancement of messaging and offerings. Report field intelligence to Genomenon.
- Identify topics and speakers, develop webinar content.
- An advanced degree strongly preferred (PharmD, PhD or MD); some advanced professional degree (MS) required.
- Solid understanding of NGS data technologies and assays and FDA approval stages. Experience in clinical applications of genomics preferred.
- 2+ years of clinical genetic experience required: genetic counseling, clinical genomic/variant scientist, teaching experience, or other similar experience.
- MSL or other commercial experience preferred. Therapeutic experience in Rare Diseases or Somatic/Cancer preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain credible and scientific relationships with top experts in the field.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills and ability to teach and train.
- Experienced and adept at navigating scientific conversations. Able to communicate and confidently state an expert opinion while maintaining diplomacy with other key opinion leaders.
- Ability to travel locally and regionally 10-25%. Expected to attend conferences (seasonally).
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
Genomenon is an equal opportunity employer and committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.