Master Fabricator - Body Development - EAVX - Ann Arbor, MI
Are you an experienced Fabricator that would be excited about working with a fast-growing company in a start-up environment? If so, please read on!
EAVX is the innovation hub, and newest business unit of the $2B+ revenue enterprise of JB Poindexter & Co. (JBPCO). With 95% of JBPCO’s business dedicated to transportation, EAVX leverages its market leadership and formidable resources to collaborate with chassis partners and technology suppliers for the purpose of optimizing the design and manufacture of next-generation commercial vehicles. Our holistic approach to integration, deployment and serviceability empowers the world’s leading fleets to meet high standards for sustainability and performance – transforming the road ahead.
JB Poindexter & Co is a privately held, diversified manufacturing company forecasting $2.5B in annual revenue and 9,000 team members in 2022. The nine operating subsidiaries, covering over 50 locations, are engaged in the production of commercial truck bodies, step-vans, utility trucks, funeral coaches, limousines, electric and alternative fuel vehicles, pickup truck bed enclosures, precision machining, and expandable foam plastic packaging. For more information, visit jbpoindexter.com.
About the Role
The Fabricator – Body Development will assist with the development for the integration of advanced body technology into the JBPCO Business Unit truck bodies on electric vehicle chassis. Duties will include working closely with the mechanical engineering team to create the next generation truck bodies for various business units.
- Installs prototype truck bodies to chassis
- Welding MIG or TIG as assigned
- Assists in identifying and sourcing parts as necessary
- Actively provides exceptional customer service, maintains a well-organized workspace
- Reads and interprets blueprints to design and construct base templates as necessary.
- Sets up, uses, and maintains work machinery
- Double-checks design specifications before commencing equipment installation activities or part ordering.
- Assists in fabricating and constructing metal and various other material components.
- Applies strong attention to detail to every aspect of design to assure safety and quality.
You have experience with fabrication, harness building, shop leadership and have worked as an automotive technician. The ideal candidate will also have:
- Ability to read and interpret designs and blueprints
- Basic knowledge of MS Office
- Team oriented, flexible, and focused on maintaining a high level of customer service
- Advanced mathematical and engineering skills.
- Available to work onsite Monday-Friday 8am – 5pm with evenings and weekends as needed
- High school degree / Automotive trade or technical school preferred (or equivalent)