Manufacturing Engineer - Toyoda Gosei - Brighton, MI
Are you an experienced Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineer looking to be part of a global company and put your great design and manufacturing skills to use, then please read on!
Toyoda Gosei is a leading global manufacturer of rubber and plastic automotive components, safety systems and LEDs. With a network of 64 group companies in 17 countries and regions, the Group brings its extensive range of products to customers all over the world. In the Americas, we have more than 30 years of proven excellence in automotive manufacturing. Together, we are looking toward a future of strong, sustainable growth.
About the Role:
The Manufacturing Engineer will design, develop and install tooling for new business. Also, continually improve manufacturing processes in the areas of safety, ergonomics, quality, and production efficiency.
- Evaluate manufacturing processes, design new systems and processes for the introduction of new products or for the improvement of existing ones.
- Develop manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
- Prepare manufacturing proposals and estimates for new products including tooling cost requirements, and manufacturing resources.
- Participate actively and effectively in continuous improvement plans related to position responsibilities
- Provide manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Devise new approaches to complex problems through adaptations and modifications of standard technical principles.
- Perform all other tasks as assigned by management.
- BS Degree or equivalent related experience in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering.
- Experience preferable in an automotive environment.
- Proficiency in engineering computer software (CAD, CATIA, SolidWorks).
- Knowledge of mechanical and electrical manufacturing processes, including assembly and testing.
- Sound analytical and problem solving skills, with an emphasis on a “hands on” approach.
- Exposure to Lean Manufacturing principles and practices preferred.
This position comes with Competitive Compensation and benefits.