Manufacturing Engineer - Midwest Industries - Ida Grove, IA
Are you a manufacturing engineer who values a culture of safety & innovation? If so, apply now!
Midwest Industries builds high-quality, unique, and innovative products by leveraging state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution processes for marine enthusiasts who align with our core values.
One of the biggest driving forces behind our ability to produce such innovative products is the company culture that has been established at Midwest Industries. Here, we put people first and value trust, inclusion, diversity, experience, and the innovative spirit. As a unified team, we move as one towards the goal of making people’s lives better through our revolutionary products, dedicated training, diligent safety, and ability to deliver excellence.
Our company fully embraces the ideals of inclusion, understanding, and acceptance. That means, at Midwest Industries, you are welcomed here. We set out to build a team of diverse individuals that come from different backgrounds and can bring unique ideas, skills, and expertise to the table.
The ability to create innovative, high-quality solutions for our customers stems from supporting a collaborative environment where the ideas, viewpoints, and experiences of others come together and propel our company towards the goal of leading the world to water. We believe that diversity is the catalyst for shaping the future of this company, its culture, and the industry.
The people that put in the work, day in and day out, are the reason for our success. We recognize their hard work by offering career growth opportunities and industry-leading compensation and benefits. Why work at Midwest? The real question is, why work anywhere else?
About the Opportunity
An ideal candidate for this position would be someone who values teamwork, while working with and alongside those who operate the process and those who support them. To support our diverse workforce and so they can be effective, the manufacturing engineering (SITE) team seeks to build trust while we develop innovative solutions for processes and equipment. We serve our internal customers by building systems that uphold and improve safety, quality and productivity.
To accomplish this, we meet them where the work is done and get to know them and what they do. The candidate would have the ability to work independently while collaborating with the SITE team and other colleagues.
- Assist and lead in planning, designing, and supporting manufacturing processes that may include assembly, fabrication, welding, molding, sewing, shipping, Paintline, kitting and CNC machining
- Working closely with process owners and team members to address issues and providing optimum solutions
- Analyze layout of work cells and equipment for safety, quality, space, and productivity Research, develop and present business case and lead the purchase, installation, and support for capital purchases of tools and equipment
- Lead continuous improvement activities and assist with Kaizen events
- Assist with Safety and Environment improvements and regulations
- BS Degree or equivalent related experience in engineering
- Experience using CAD or CAM software
- Exposure to Lean Manufacturing principles and practices preferred
- Ability to manage multiple, overlapping projects simultaneously
This position comes with Competitive Compensation and benefits.