Manager of Customer Service - Anonymous Manufacturer - (On-site, Detroit-area)
Are you looking for a position where you will be responsible for the processes and people related to servicing customers and support of sales staff? Do you have an incredible attention to detail but also enjoy leading a team? If so, read more!
About the Opportunity
In this role, you will collaborate with Sales and Customer Service teams to manage customer interactions from the proposal stage through after-sale support. You will direct the delivery of administrative and operational assistance designed to promote revenue growth, productivity, and exceptional levels of customer satisfaction. The Manager of Customer Service also provides team members with the appropriate training, tools, direction and motivation to enable their success.
Sales Operations Support:
- Manages CRM quotation tool, to ensure that quote templates and pricing are accurate.
- Promotes consultative selling approach with external customers and sales reps through project managers and direct contacts.
- Ensures order entry function is timely and accurate.
- Maintains and supports key accounts and contacts.
- Builds and maintains strong rapport with sales management and internal customers to ensure ongoing support.
- Ensures timely follow-up and resolution of customer service issues.
- Oversees project managers who manage quote-to-order process for their territories.
- Manage team to assure productivity and high morale.
- Develops and maintains customer service systems and practices that ensure customer satisfaction.
- Ensures an efficient training program is in place, which includes written documentation of competencies necessary to be successful at the job, courses required for the job and also those courses that have been completed.
- Provide support and direct day-to-day operations of the Customer Service team, whose main objective is to provide outstanding customer service.
- Establish and ensure even workloads for the customer service team members.
- Conduct responsibilities related to employee selection, termination, disciplinary action, schedules and performance evaluation.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing or equivalent, preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately with customers and coworkers verbally and through written communications.
- Prior experience managing a team.
- Attention to detail, ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.