Manager, Meat Market (Retail Store Launch) - Northwest Iowa
Are you an expert in meat processing and possess a broad range of business skills? If yes, we have a unique opportunity to support our new retail store featuring locally produced meats and more.
About the Opportunity
The company is launching a new retail location to provide locally produced meats and specialty products. This is a unique ground floor opportunity to use your entrepreneurial skills with financial and logistical support provided to you.
About the Position
The Manager is responsible for both the day-to-day and long-range performance of a new high-end meat retail store. Responsibilities include creation of short-term and long-term performance objectives, metrics and the successful execution of the store operations to meet/exceed these objectives.
In this role, you will oversee the launch of this new business unit, and then manage and grow the product lines and customer base.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensure that each guest receives outstanding service by providing a guest friendly environment which includes greeting and acknowledging every guest, maintaining outstanding standards, solid product knowledge and all other components of guest service.
- Ensure that the store creates and delivers a superior high-end retail experience for all customers and delivers unwavering product quality and consistency.
- Analyze and measure business trends; develop and implement plans to maximize sales and meet or exceed goals and objectives.
- Responsible for product development and display.
- Control shrink, expenses, and payroll.
- Ability to draft, maintain and work within a budget.
- Ensure appropriate merchandise inventory levels, merchandise adjacencies and presentations; signage, and assortment in all departments; ensure selling floor is adequately stocked.
- Comparison shop and report results; share information with CEO and make appropriate price adjustments.
- Review store trends and recommend and initiate changes for maximizing goals and objectives.
- Ensure compliance with all policies and procedures through regular store management and staff meetings, store walk-through and audits, etc.
- Oversees and provides direction, guidance, feedback, mentoring and coaching to all direct reports.
- Responsible for managing price and margins to ensure FCS is competitive in the market and profitable.
- Follow all state and Federal (FDA, USDA) Regulations which would include being ServSafe certified.
- Responsible for the design of the facility and ensure it has the necessary tools and equipment to operate effectively.
- The ideal candidate for this role has meat processing experience along with the background to take on an exciting opportunity to launch and grow a retail operation.