Licensed Clinical Social Worker - Corner Health Center - Belleville, MI
Are you a social worker who is passionate about adolescent mental health? Are you motivated by the opportunity to have a positive impact in your community? Corner Health is looking for you!
Corner Health Center is Michigan's first, largest, and most comprehensive adolescent and young adult health center. At Corner, we offer a full range of health care, mental health, and supportive services for young people as they transition to adulthood. Corner staff—including physicians, nurses, psychiatrists, social workers, nutritionists and health educators—is well versed in young people's unique needs. We provide our services to young people regardless of their insurance status or ability to pay for care in a culture of dignity and respect.
Through our E3 grant, the Corner has an established child and adolescent health center (CAHC) at Belleville High School. This center will be a mental health hub, and will serve youth 10-22 years of age, in the Van Buren school district with the support of a dedicated office manager. This is a grant funded position with potential for continuation.
This position is currently 40 hours per week, including some evenings and early mornings, to accommodate the school schedule. As part of the Corner Health Center, the Clinical Social Worker functions as part of an integrated health model collaborating with medical providers to engage patients in supportive and behavioral health services. The candidate must like working with young people, working independently, providing evidenced based therapy, possess excellent communication skills, and working with a multi-disciplinary team.
- Provides individual therapy to youth, young adults, and their families, with a case load of 25-27 per week
- Conducts psycho-social evaluations, develops treatments plans, graduation plans, and safety plans as needed
- Under supervision from the Behavioral Health Manager, this clinician coordinates and provides mental health services at the Belleville High School E3 site
- Contributes to the overall health and well-being of the organization, and their clients, by connecting clients to other Corner Health services, as appropriate
- Maintains consistent and thorough documentation, timely records, and accurate billing
- Functions as a vital member of the Behavioral Health team
- State license (Michigan) LMSW, active as of the date of hire
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of clinical experience working with adolescents and young adults, preferably, diverse and underserved populations
- Minimum 1-year experience working with families
- Trauma-informed practice, with experience in cognitive behavioral therapy, and at least one other evidence-based practice.
- Strong computer skills, including experience working with an Electronic Health Record.
- Experience preparing for grant-related audits
- Supervisory experience a plus
- Experience/service in a community health or medical setting
- Knowledge of minor consent laws and billing experience
Benefits and Perks
Health and vision insurance; employer funded life, STD/LTD insurance; FSA/DCA; accrued PTO; paid holidays; employee funded dental insurance; and available 403b retirement plan.
Salary range: $55,000 - $60,000
Please note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be a complete list of all duties performed.
COVID-19 vaccinations, including boosters when eligible, are required for all Corner staff.
This organization is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our clients and employees