Junior Mechanical Engineer - Weav3D - Atlanta, GA
Are you looking for an incredible opportunity with a high growth potential startup that provides training and mentoring from industry experts? Keep reading!
About the Company
WEAV3D, Inc. is commercializing a patented Rebar for Plastics ® composite preform material, produced by an advanced manufacturing process, that enables the next generation of transportation and infrastructure solutions. We need out-of-the-box problem solvers committed to innovation, integrity, curiosity, progress, and drive. Team members must be self-motivated to embrace, enhance, and execute the organizational vision and leverage their own network, experience, technical expertise, perspective, collaboration, and calculated risk to meet and exceed company goals and objectives quickly and efficiently.
About the Opportunity
The mechanical engineer position will work as a member of the machine design team, with guidance from the Senior Mechanical Engineer, and Director of Engineering, and other members of the design team to design at a system and component level to meet next generation machine requirements. The mechanical engineer will initially spend time in training and gaining experience with our process by operating existing equipment and assembling our next generation processing equipment. They will then spend their time working on designing additions and upgrades to next-generation processing equipment and will be expected to leverage their prior work or educational experience to design robust and efficient mechanical systems.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Work collaboratively with the machine design team to gain knowledge on existing machine designs and machine operation.
- Design and integrate mechanical systems to convert novel machine concepts to reality.
- Coordinate system designs with other members of the design team including engineers, technicians, and operators to ensure successful integration of electrical and mechanical systems.
- Use Solidworks 3D CAD system to create mechanical assemblies, parts, and drawings.
- Design mechanical and electromechanical assemblies using design for manufacturing (DFM) and design for assembly (DFA) principles.
- Develop detailed fabrication and assembly drawings, perform tolerances analysis and design studies.
- Work with other engineering team members on safety risk analyses and develop risk mitigations.
- Work with vendors and engineering team on quotations, project cost estimates and bill of materials.
- Prototype and test mechanical components and subsystems, integrating the finalized designs onto the machine and operating the machine to evaluate performance, fit, and reliability.
- Fabricate or modify parts according to design drawings or models.
You are excited about learning from great mentors in a startup environment, have mechanical engineering education and some hands-on experiences with designing machinery components or electrical systems.
WEAV3D participates in E-Verify and applicants will be required to pass a criminal background check if a job offer is made.