Human Resources Generalist - Corner Health Center- Ypsilanti
The Corner Health Center seeks an HR professional who is passionate about public service, program management, and human resources!
About Corner Health
The Corner Health Center is Michigan's first, largest and most comprehensive adolescent and young adult health center. The Corner serves young people ages 12 through 25, and has nearly 40 years of experience providing care to individuals with complex needs. As a nonprofit organization, the Corner provides integrated primary and mental health care in a culture of dignity and respect, regardless of insurance status or ability to pay for care.
This organization is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our clients and employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Payroll management
- Coordinates and maintains personnel records for staff, students and volunteers
- Coordinates hiring procedures and general orientation for new staff and interns, termination procedures for departing staff
- Posts jobs and coordinates interview processes
- Maintains onboarding packet materials
- Maintains Employee Handbook
- Drafts and updates needed policies
- Employee benefits coordination / enrollment / invoice review
- Health & Dental insurance
- Life and Disability coverage
- Employee 403(b) contributions enrollment
- Coordinates annual employee performance evaluation processes
- Supports finance department
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree and some work experience
- Excellent writing and organizational skills
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe and other software packages
- Experience with ADP preferred
- Database management
- Adherence to deadlines
- Ability to complete work with discretion and minimal supervision.
Involves teamwork using tact, discretion, initiative and independent judgment within established policy. Appreciation for the agency mission.
At the Corner, we offer a full range of health care, mental health and supportive services for young people as they transition to adulthood. Corner staff—including physicians, nurses, psychiatrists, social workers, nutritionists and health educators—is well versed in young people's unique needs. We provide our services to young people regardless of their insurance status or ability to pay for care.
- Must have reliable transportation
- COVID-19 vaccinations, including boosters when eligible, are required for all Corner staff