HR Director of People, Talent & Culture - Genomenon - Remote
Are you interested in bringing your HR knowledge and skills to a REALLY COOL start-up that is growing rapidly? If so, read on and apply today!
Genomenon is an AI-driven B2B genomics company. Our mission is to save and improve lives by making genomic information useful. We organize the world’s genomic knowledge and put it at the fingertips of clinicians to help diagnose and treat patients suffering from rare diseases and cancer, and to help precision medicine companies create targeted therapies for diseases.
We are a mission driven organization, whose culture ascribes to these core values:
Always Learning: We approach challenges with curiosity and a growth mindset
Data-Driven: We ask a lot of questions and look to the evidence for answers
Humbly Confident: We are aware of the value that we and others bring to the team
Trailblazers: We imagine what can be, not what is
True Grit: We embody passion and persistence, and aren’t afraid of hard work
About the Opportunity
We are hiring an HR Director of People, Talent and Culture to take on the challenge of architecting, implementing and leading our talent acquisition and employee retention program. The Director will lead, develop and coordinate efforts representing Genomenon’s mission as we continue the rapid pace of growth while scaling our business. Responsibilities will include, and are not limited to, the following:
- Develops and implements plan to communicate our mission, culture and core values optimally to attract candidates through various channels including our career portal, website, and content delivery through recruitment and social media resources
- Collaborates closely with the executive team to create and implement an integrated talent strategy beginning with the recruitment process, through onboarding and retention
- Drives employee engagement programs to retain and develop the skills and teamwork of our remote workforce
- Builds Employee Development Program to facilitate employee development & training
- Implements HR policies, processes, and training to support the organization’s human resource compliance and strategy needs
- Leads benefit programs, maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies
- Coordinates and plans team building events, recognition, awards demonstrating commitment to our core values
- Manages and maintains third-party talent agency, professional networks, college/university relationships
We are seeking a hands-on, highly motivated individual with a passion for building impactful talent recruitment programs and engaged teams throughout the organization. Successful candidates will collaborate with management to pursue strategies and implement tools that project Genomenon's mission, culture and core values. You also have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required; Master’s degree preferred
- At least five years of human resource management experience required
- HR certification highly preferred
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Experience partnering with an executive team
- Ability to analyze and revise operating practices to improve efficiency
- Self motivator with strong work ethic with a “can-do” positive approach
- Desire to be a part of the fast-paced, high-energy start-up experience
- Ability to travel to our Ann Arbor, MI based headquarters when required
Perks and Benefits: Competitive compensation, health insurance, PTO and holidays, a great work environment, and equity participation opportunities.
Genomenon is an equal opportunity employer and committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, religion, gender identity, veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.