Full-Stack Software Engineer (Web) - blueflite - Onsite or Remote Role
Are you an experienced Full-stack Software Engineer with a high amount of personal accountability, who desires responsibility, and wants to work in a cool, rapid-paced startup where your input and decisions matter? Yes? Read on!
Brighton, Michigan or Remote USA
blueflite designs and manufactures high performance, electric, unmanned, aerial tilt-rotor vehicles for the delivery of light cargo. Our UAV platform is scalable and has unique and patent-pending design characteristics resulting in advanced capability regarding maneuverability and vehicle control. blueflite has experience in carbon fiber structure design and manufacturing, design of propulsion systems, developing advanced flight control algorithm, implementation of code in on-board computer systems, and developing a digital ground infrastructure.
We are looking for innovative and solutions-oriented engineers and entrepreneurs to be part of our amazing technology development journey creating the next generation of logistic technology platform centered around our unique, agile, and robust UAV design.
blueflite has a truly global outlook to become the No. 1 player in the global cargo UAV industry. We embrace and promote thinking outside the box, an agile approach (without the bureaucracy), and a real can-do attitude. We have high expectations on the quality of work we do and set ourselves high standards without cutting any corners. Daily collaboration with small teams all working toward a world class UAV technology platform is core to our business.
About the Role
The blueflite team is developing an entire ecosystem and integrated platform to support autonomous operations of vertical lift systems. Among the components of the platform are a variety of web application frontends and backend APIs and services, both client-facing and internal. Your role will be to assist in the continued development and improvement of these components, as well as the development of additional applications and utilities. Day to day work at blueflite centers around an agile approach in small teams of brilliant scientists, engineers, software developers, technicians, pilots, and experts all working towards a world class UAS technology platform.
Main areas of responsibility
- Multiple web application frontends/backends, from UI/UX mockup to implementation, QA, and versioning
- Provide guidance on the choices of backend and frontend web frameworks and tools
- Collaboration with multidisciplinary team of other full-stack engineers and product owners to develop attractive and intuitive interfaces, and robust and secure backends
- Can work in small agile teams with a great attitude and excellent communication skills
- Real-world experience designing/developing web application frontends/backends
- Experience with Python/Flask, Node.js/Express, and frameworks like React, Angular, Vue.js
- Experience developing in macOS or Linus/VSCode/Git environments
- B.S. in Computer Science (or equivalent)
- Bonus: Cloud DevOps experience, particularly Microsoft Azure
- Required vaccination against COVID-19
Paid Time Off | Health Insurance | Dental | Vision