Family Nurse Practitioner - Corner Health Center - Ypsilanti, MI
Are you a Family Nurse Practitioner who is looking to make positive impact on the community? Do you have a passion to inspire young adults to achieve and sustain a healthy life and provide judgment-free, affordable health and wellness care and education? Corner Health Center is looking for you.
Corner is a comprehensive adolescent and young adult health center committed to offering a full range of health care, mental health and other supportive services for young people. We provide judgment-free, high-quality, affordable health services to young people ages newborn to 25. Services are available regardless of ability to pay.
The staff at Corner Health Center has a deep understanding and appreciation of the unique needs of young people and we welcome all regardless of race, religious affiliation, gender or gender identity. All LGBTQ+ people are warmly welcomed for our services.
The Family Nurse Practitioner provides comprehensive case management and clinical care to our obstetrics and gynecology, transgender, psychiatry, MIHP (in-house), and pediatric patients through collaboration with our multidisciplinary team of physicians, nurses, MAs, social workers, and program coordinators under the Medical Director’s Collaborative Practice Agreement.
Essential Job Duties
- Comprehensive well child and adult assessments
- Assessment and treatment of acute and chronic health conditions
- Mental health, sexual health and gender affirming care
- Health maintenance/promotion and health education for patients and family members
- Laboratory services - order, perform, interpret
- Urgent or emergent care as indicated
- Telehealth visits
- Work as part of an integrated care team that includes: Medical Director, medical staff, Nurse Care Coordinators, Medical Assistants, Behavioral Health Providers, Care Manager, Patient Service Representatives
- Provide routine nursing/medical assistant care as needed
- Review MA and nurse visits/encounters
- Complete timely accurate documentation and billing activities in electronic health record
- Understands social determinants of health and trauma-informed careProvide culturally competent care
- Attend daily staff huddle, weekly clinic check-in, and monthly staff meetings
- Serve on Quality Improvement (QI) Committee and participates on other Health Center committees as needed
- Complete routine compliance trainings and activities as directed by Compliance Officer
- Participate in community outreach activities
- Carries out other duties as requested by the Clinic Manager
Required Education, Experience, and Licensure
State of Michigan Nurse Practitioner License
Minimum of two years of experience in the field of Family Medicine
Please note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be a complete list of all duties performed.
COVID-19 vaccinations, including boosters when eligible, are required for all Corner staff.
This organization is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our clients and employees.
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Retirement plan
- Malpractice insurance