Fabricator/Welder - EAVX - Ann Arbor, MI
Do you have fabrication and welding skills and would be excited about working for a growing company in a start-up environment? If so please read on!
EAVX is the innovation hub, and newest business unit of the $2B+ revenue enterprise of JB Poindexter & Co. (JBPCO). With 95% of JBPCO’s business dedicated to transportation, EAVX leverages its market leadership and formidable resources to collaborate with chassis partners and technology suppliers for the purpose of optimizing the design and manufacture of next-generation commercial vehicles. Our holistic approach to integration, deployment and serviceability empowers the world’s leading fleets to meet high standards for sustainability and performance – transforming the road ahead.
JB Poindexter & Co is a privately held, diversified manufacturing company forecasting $2.5B in annual revenue and 9,000 team members in 2022. The nine operating subsidiaries, covering over 50 locations, are engaged in the production of commercial truck bodies, step-vans, utility trucks, funeral coaches, limousines, electric and alternative fuel vehicles, pickup truck bed enclosures, precision machining, and expandable foam plastic packaging. For more information, visit jbpoindexter.com.
About the Role
The Fabricator/Welder – Vehicle Body Development will assist with the development for the integration of advanced body technology into the JBPCO Business Unit truck bodies on electric vehicle chassis. Duties will include working closely with the mechanical engineering team to create the next generation truck bodies for various business units.
- Installs truck bodies to chassis
- Does welding (MIG) as assigned
- Assists in identifying and sourcing parts as necessary
- Actively provides exceptional customer service, maintains a well-organized workspace, and returns tools, materials, and equipment to designated areas
- Reads and interprets blueprints to design and construct base templates as necessary
- Double-checks design specifications before commencing cuts, bends, and holes in various types of material or part ordering
- Assists in fabricating and constructing metal and various other material components.
- Wires beds, vehicles, trailers
- Grinds, smooths, and completes products and performs quality checks on completed products
- Participates in ongoing technical education
- Adheres to all company safety policies, rules, and training
- Applies strong attention to detail to every aspect of design to assure safety and quality
You have fabrication experience and good MIG welding skills. You are team oriented, flexible, and focused on maintaining a high level of customer service along with:
- Ability to read and interpret designs and blueprints
- Experience as an Automotive Technician preferred
- Advanced mathematical and engineering skills
- Complete inventory of auto mechanical and fabrication tools
- Available to work onsite Monday-Friday 8am – 5pm with evenings and weekends as needed
- High school degree or equivalent
- Automotive trade or technical school preferred