Engineering Manager - Autobooks - (Top Fintech firm)
Are you a rockstar Software Engineering Manager looking to leverage your leadership and technical skills in an entrepreneurial work environment? If yes, please read on!
Autobooks is the industry’s leading integrated-payments provider - helping small businesses get paid and financial institutions stay ahead of the competition.
Our downtown Detroit HQ is in the vibrant Madison building, named one of the World's Coolest Offices by Inc. Magazine. Autobooks also has a growing presence in Texas with a satellite office in Austin; and offers flexible, remote work environments for certain roles.
About the Opportunity:
In this role, you participate in the design of highly-scalable web applications that run non-stop around the world. You will manage and lead a team of developers and utilize the latest development tools and technologies and follow agile processes and practices to deliver solutions to Financial Institutions, their small business customers, and the customers of those SMBs.
- You'll mentor and grow engineers while keeping them engaged and focused on the product and company vision
- You’ll partner with peers to craft and evolve the team’s vision, mission, and strategy
- Partner with clients and lead the technical designs for projects
- Manage high-performing, agile software teams in a rapidly growing organization
- Delegate tasks to engineers and gauge progress of various projects
- Designing, coding, and supporting leading-edge financial management web and mobile applications
- Designing, developing, and enhancing large transactional and reporting based DBs
- Designing and implementing improvements to the performance, usability, scalability, and maintainability of our software products
- Influencing future technical direction
- Handling periodic on-call duty and out-of-band requests
- Experience with C#, .NET Core, and .NET framework.
- Experience with relational database design and implementation using MS SQL Server and ORM’s, preferably EF Core
- Experience in developing multi-tier enterprise class web applications
- Experience with automated builds and use of Agile or Scrum process template
- Demonstrated experience with cloud platforms, preferably Microsoft Azure cloud services
- Working knowledge of design patterns and experience with TDD and large-scale refactoring
- Experience with DB performance troubleshooting and optimization experience is a bonus
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative style with team members, stakeholders, and customers and lead through influence, mentoring, discussion, and example
- BS/MS Computer Science or related field, and/or relevant work experience