Director of Marketing - Product and Innovation Management- Sy-Klone International - Jacksonville, FL
If you are passionate about technical product innovation and marketing with expertise in innovation process management and want a voice at the table, we like to talk!
Relocation assistance is available for the right candidate.
Sy-Klone International is a worldwide leader in the design and production of precleaning systems (powered and non-powered) used on HVAC units and engines in many applications, including heavy equipment, mining, agriculture, fire and rescue, military, construction, demolition, and forestry. We are a pioneer in the industry of air precleaning and adaptive filtration, own more than 60 patents and are a Tier-1 supplier to many of the largest OEMs in the world. Sy-Klone is headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida and distributes its products globally.
About the Role
The Director of Marketing is responsible for managing Sy-Klone's marketing team, with a focus on product development, shaping the innovation pipeline, and advancing the organization's intellectual property strategy. The candidate will continue to elevate the brand, messaging, and impact of Sy-Klone through marketing activities.
- Innovation Process Management: Compose product development and innovation strategy and lifecycle, including product development roadmap, identification of expansion opportunities and markets, competitor analysis and briefings, and business case development that feeds annual and multi-year operating financial plans; facilitate monthly Product Development Committee
- Introduce and manage the Voice of the Customer (VOC) program to capture market feedback and translate feedback into curated insights that advance cross-functional workstreams across product, engineering, commercial, and other functions
- Thought leader around product innovation, unlocking white space in the organization's product portfolio and identify gaps in current offerings based on outside-in perspective from industry experts, market analysis and VOC initiatives
- Create product briefs for new product launches, lead design reviews, identify unique product features, conduct patent art field research, assess new intellectual property potential, develop brand/trademark strategy, and new product introduction process
- Introduce new and enhance existing tools for analyzing and scanning industry, competitor, and patent activity to derive market insights and competitive intelligence
- Build the team in developing product marketing assets to champion new and current products, and differentiate the product from competitors through positioning, messaging, selling propositions etc.
- Develop and maintain a library of Intellectual Property (IP) findings, research, and insights; analyze and inform the IP approach for proprietary new products; maintain IP inventory of critical dates and milestones for patents and trademarks; manage renewal process and budget
- Liaise with outside counsel to develop and submit patents for new products, consolidate claim structures, and review and respond to objections both domestically and internationally
- Background as a strong cross-functional partner with marketing expertise in B2B settings, in manufacturing or other industrial end markets required
- Experience managing technically-engineered and proprietary products, including operational understanding of intellectual property assets, documentation, and processes
- Progressive experience leading product development and/or innovation initiatives, resulting in the successful launch of new products and product enhancements
- Analytical and critical skills to identify market gaps and solve complex internal and market-facing problems; strong decision-making background in ambiguous environments with a bias for action
- Adept project management skills with a track record of successfully developing and leading cross-functional initiatives on time and on budget and experience in people management
- Marketing experience with healthy mix of creative, content development, digital and traditional media, product and program management
- Bachelor's degree in business, engineering, or related field, MBA preferred