Director of Lapeer County Road Commission - Lapeer County
Are you an experienced Director who’s knowledgeable on Road Commission, and eager to work for Lapeer County? Yes? Read on!
Director - Lapeer County Road Commission
The Lapeer County Road Commission board is seeking a Director to carry on the outstanding delivery of road services to Lapeer County residents. Providing convenience and safety for Lapeer County by maintaining all county roads, bridges, and culverts within our jurisdiction, has been the charge of the retiring Director, who has led a highly qualified and respected team over the past 20 years.
About Lapeer County
Lapeer County is a rural county located in Southeastern Michigan, conveniently located near major metropolitan areas. It is the perfect balance of outdoor recreation and open space while being close to major attractions and amenities.
About the Position
Under the general supervision of the Lapeer County Board of Road Commissioners, the Director oversees all daily administrative duties of the Road Commission, which include, financing, design, construction and maintenance of roads, and the equipment/buildings of the Commission. Key responsibilities include:
- Represents the Commission to other governmental entities and various public groups such as MDOT, municipalities, other road commissions, and community organizations.
- Responsible for the Supervision, either directly or indirectly, of all employees, which includes hiring, training, discussing work plans, answering labor grievances, supporting employment contract negotiations.
- Act as Road Commission's appointed public relations spokesperson.
- Coordinate State Maintenance Contract with MDOT.
- Administers and/or monitors Commission-wide formal evaluations.
- Inspect projects and problem areas throughout the County.
- Obtain quotations from local contractors for emergency projects.
- Preparation of Annual Budget.
- Prepare agenda items for Board Meeting and follow up on actions taken.
- Prepare programs for annual construction and maintenance work.
- Prepare specifications and review bids for equipment, materials and construction projects with the aid of foremen and engineering staff.
The Commission is seeking qualified applicants for this position who have the following qualities:
- Knowledge of road construction and maintenance
- Excellent communication skills
- Passion for public service
- Strong budgeting and financial skills
- Thrives in a fast paced environment that has variety and challenge
- Please submit your application by Sunday, February 6, 2022.