Digital Architect- Manufacturing Technology- AGC Automotive Americas
Seeking a highly skilled Digital Manufacturing Architect interested in a strategic role with opportunity for advancement in the automotive industry!
About AGC Automotive Americas (AANA)
AGC Automotive Americas (AANA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
About the opportunity
The Digital Manufacturing Architect will provide strategic technical vision and develop the enabling control hardware, software, and IoT connectivity for AGC’s manufacturing processes. The role interfaces with internal and external business partners along with the IT community. The successful candidate will also be responsible for educating and guiding others on architectural standards, principles, methodology and trends.
- Lead, execute and deliver efforts to design optimal manufacturing 4.0 system solutions by incorporating new technologies and existing hardware platforms
- Leverage and deploy hardware and software technical solutions across all facilities in AANA
- Identify specific areas where DX manufacturing and industry 4.0 solutions could provide substantial benefits (KPI improvements such as OEE, cost optimization, production uptime and quality improvements)
- Provide knowledge transfer and training through project implementations regarding approved standards and practices for IT/OT systems, industrial networking, PLC’s, field devices, IoT solutions and manufacturing software platforms
- Participate in troubleshooting and support to effectively resolve issues and deliver sustainable solutions in collaboration with plant technical team members
- Apply automation skill and experience to design and build enterprise solutions on top of existing and new technology stacks
- Establish and manage key vendor partnerships which support driving manufacturing digital transformation strategy creation and implementation
- Experience with extended knowledge of core manufacturing processes and plant floor equipment and operations
- Experience implementing IoT solutions
- Experience working with Industrial Automation platforms, PLC hardware (PLC), Distributed Control Systems (DCS), Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) and Process Historians
- Understand PLC layer, Windows based systems, Virtual Machine technology and how to apply these solutions to a regulated manufacturing environment
- Proficiency in Industrial Networks Communication media and protocols (Ethernet, RS232/485, Ethernet IP, ControlNet, DeviceNet, Modbus, BACnet, and Profibus)
- Ability to configure, maintain and support data centralized collection systems via high level communication protocols (OPC-UA/DA, MQTT, Ignition, Kepware, etc.)
- Strong leadership skills; ability to provide direction, motivation and feedback to employees
- Degree in Engineering-related discipline or Computer Sciences
What Can AGC Offer You
- Competitive Compensation
- A structured bonus plan
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Generous PTO program
- Discount programs
- Opportunities for advancement
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer - To be considered applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.