DevOps Engineer (Python, Perl, Bash) - FreightVerify - Ann Arbor
Check out this opportunity to build a next generation cloud platform for a disruptor in the logistics industry.
FreightVerify is a cloud-based technology company that transforms the way that business is done in the freight industry. FreightVerify was formed by a group of industry leaders in logistics and technology with the idea that by connecting shippers and carriers in new ways it will make for a more efficient and cost-effective market.
About the Opportunity
We are seeking a highly motivated, innovative DevOps Engineer to help build and operate our next generation Cloud Platform to transform the transportation industry. In this role, you will work as integrated member of the Engineering team to build and support a highly robust, scalable and secure cloud platform to meet the needs of our enterprise customers.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Build automated DevOps delivery/deployment model to enable continuous release of software into cloud environments
- Support and troubleshoot scalability, high availability, performance, monitoring, backup and restores of FreightVerify platform across multiple cloud environments
- Instrument infrastructure and platform services with monitoring, alerting, logging, and distributed tracing tools
- Evaluate new tools, technologies, and processes to improve speed, efficiency, and scalability
- Perform incident and change management across all environments
- Find opportunities to automate as part of the problem management process, creating automation to avoid issues
- Implement and automate security controls and compliance validation
- Help develop strategies for zero down time deployments and patching
- Drive operational cost reductions through service optimizations and demand-based auto scaling
- Strong bias to automate everything and mindset to manage infrastructure through code
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Math, or comparable work experience
- Well-experienced in IT, including experience in DevOps, preferred.
- Strong Amazon Web Services administration experience
- Strong understanding of cloud-based server and network architectures, including setup and management of firewalls, load balancers, VPNs, VPCs, database server instances, and web servers.
- Proficient with scripting (Python, Perl, and Bash skills desired)
- Database administration experience a plus
- Enterprise Security experience a plus
The position comes with excellent pay and benefits Including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life, AD&D, STD, and LTD insurances