Desktop Support Specialist - Wellspring - Chicago, IL
Great opportunity to build your career with a top tech firm!
Seeking a Desktop Support Specialist with excellent customer service skills and a "can do" attitude who values teamwork and collaboration!
About the Company
Wellspring is the leading provider of software tools to manage R&D and technology commercialization. Our suite of web-based software manages the transformation of scientific discoveries into real world products. We work with clients to accelerate the pace of innovation at premier research universities, R&D groups at Fortune 500 companies, and leading medical institutions. Wellspring also operates Flintbox®, the largest online marketplace for inventions emerging from research labs around the world.
Wellspring offers a dynamic work environment located in the West Loop neighborhood of Chicago. We are a rapidly growing software firm with significant opportunities for career advancement.
About the Opportunity
As a Desktop Support Specialist at Wellspring, you will provide basic to intermediate desktop support on a variety of issues through identification, research, and resolution of technical problems. Manage assigned help desk tickets and new employee setup using best practices, excellent communication skills and IT department procedures. Participate in the execution of longer-term project to update computers, manage configurations, and improve organizational efficiency. Position reports to the manager of IT Operations.
- Primary responsibility for Macintosh laptop configuration. Primary owners supporting tools such as of JAMF and CrashPlan. Full responsibility of laptop implementation and on-going updates, security issues.
- First-point of contact for clients during business hours. Triage, with IT OPS personnel all incoming support requests.
- Lead on-boarding configuration and setup for new employees and decommissioning of computer and system access for employee departures.
- Tracking of all work in both Jira and supporting documentation in Google Workspaces. Documents various processes as requested.
- Management of miscellaneous hardware assets and troubleshooting with staff.
- Experience with Linux Administration & Mac OSX
- JIRA, Crashplan, JAMF, Google Workspaces (nice to have)
- Proven ability to work well in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the company and listen to needs.
- Desire to provide written document and process definition to improve operations.
- Ability to work in Chicago area and come to office on an Ad-Hoc, as-needed basis.
Why Work for Us
- Amazing potential for growth
- Competitive salary
- 401(k) with company match
- Medical, Dental & vision
Wellspring is an Equal Opportunity Employer.