Design Release Engineer- AGC Automotive Americas - Farmington Hills
Are you a highly skilled Design Release Engineer eager to design, develop, implement, and analyze Glass Systems in the automotive industry? If so, read on!
About AGC Automotive Americas (AANA)
AGC Automotive Americas (AANA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
About the opportunity
The Design Release Engineer is responsible for design, development, implementation, and analysis of Fixed Glass and Door Glass systems while utilizing AGC and OEM Best Practices and design guidelines. The Design Release Engineer will develop full-solid CAD models as well as development of systems and components with all interfacing OEM commodities (sheet metal, interior Trim, electrical, etc).
- Work with and guide/mentor AGC Supplier Integrated Designers on-site at OEM facilities
- Facilitate DFMEA/DESIGN REVIEW activities, documenting and archiving all findings for presentation to the program team and/or OEM
- Authorize for release, 2D & 3D data generated by Designers; Assembly & Components
- Support prototyping activities at glass plants, value-add plants and component part plants
- Support pre-production/production builds at OEM facilities
- Perform technical liaison role between manufacturing plants, suppliers and the OEM customer
- Negotiate technical specifications, tolerances, and alternative design proposals with OEM customer
- Lead Product Development Team meetings (PDTs) at OEM customer and internally with Program Management support
About your Skills & Experience
- Engineering degree is required
- Experience in automotive product design with automotive glass background.
- Detailed understanding of GD&T & tolerance stack-up principles and project Management principles
- High level understanding of OEM UG/CAD software packages for 3D models and 2D drawings.
- Working knowledge of Customer Systems Applications
What Can AGC Offer You?
- Competitive Compensation
- A structured bonus plan
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Generous PTO program
- Discount programs
- This position is targeted for career development and succession planning to be a Program Manager within NML
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer - To be considered applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.