Department of Public Works Laborer (Part-Time) - City of Fraser
Do you have experience in building maintenance and landscaping, eager to work in Macomb County? If so, keep reading!
About the City of Fraser
Located in central Macomb County, one of the three counties which comprise the Detroit Metro Area, the City of Fraser offers a safe, family-friendly suburban environment whose residents enjoy its small-town atmosphere.
Nature of Work
The Department of Public Work relies on a staff of Seasonal and Part Time employees to maintain all City owned buildings, property, and parks.
Starting pay rate: $15 per hour.
- Mow and maintain city owned property, parks, and prepare baseball diamonds
- Shuttle vehicles for motor pool
- Building Maintenance
- Cleaning buildings and park bathrooms
- Sidewalk Maintenance
- Assist Full Time D.P.W. employees with leaf pick up and brush chipping programs
- Deliver flyers and shut off notices
- Other duties as assigned
“The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.”
- Education : High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Experience: Must be mechanically inclined. Landscaping, lawn care, building maintenance and snow removal experience preferred.
- License : Must have a Michigan Driver's License with a clean driving record.
"The qualifications listed above are guidelines. Other combinations of education and experience which could provide the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job should be considered."
"For purposes of Employment Standards, this classification is “Non-Exempt” from The overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act."
- If you have any questions about applying for City employment, please contact the Human Resource Department at: HR@MiCityOfFraser.com.
- Position will remain open until filled.