Cost Analyst - AGC Automotive Americas - Farmington Hills, MI
Are you a talented Cost Analyst who craves autonomy and would like to be an integral part of the team? Yes? Great, read on!
About the Company
AGC Automotive Americas (AANA) is a leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries and is part of the AGC Group, the largest global glass supplier employing more than 50,000 worldwide in approximately 30 countries.
Expectations are high and team successes are celebrated. We believe in the power of skilled, engaged, and united teamwork backed by open, honest communication. Integrity matters most and is essential for building trust with teammates and with customers.
About the Opportunity
The role of the Cost Analyst is to develop accurate product cost estimates and communicate this data within the organization. To be successful in the role, knowledge of both product and process are critical. The cost analyst must be able to review the product design from Engineering & the manufacturing process for reasonableness. The Cost Analyst needs to provide well rounded, detailed, and accurate financial analysis to new business proposals, early advanced engineering projects and corporate initiatives. Understanding of estimating & rate development is preferred.
- Provide detailed analysis of various manufacturing and volume scenarios
- Understand specific details of manufacturing lines, plants, and processes along with the positives and negatives of each potential manufacturing option and the impacts on overall cost of a product
- Work effectively with a cross functional team including Sales, Manufacturing, Program Management, Purchasing, Supply Chain Management, Process Technology, and Finance
- Develop product cost: material usage, material cost, machine cycle, labor, efficiency assumptions, scrap, capital requirements, depreciation assumptions, tooling, and logistic requirements for new business and for changes to current business as required
- Support regional, global, and corporate initiatives (e.g., design for assembly, continuous improvement projects, manufacturing footprint studies)
- Understand the Capital Appropriation Request (CAR) process and can complete a CAR
- Develop and maintain policies, procedures, and work instructions for product costing requirements to increase cost accuracy and reduce lead-time for product cost quotations
- Assist with organization of cost models in SharePoint (initiation of folders, change of status, etc.…)
- BS in Finance, Accounting, Business or Engineering
- Expert knowledge and proficiency in Excel (Advanced)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint & Outlook)
- Must possess highly effective analytical skills in areas of accounting, critical thinking, analysis, and communication
- Ability to work collaboratively, partner and support other functions
- Must be proactive and flexible to meet changing demands